ACE Group is one of the world’s largest multiline property and casualty insurers. With operations in 54 countries, ACE provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. ACE Limited, the parent company of ACE Group, is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: ACE) and is a component of the S&P 500 index.
Organized in 1953, ESIS®, Inc. (ESIS) provides customized risk management services. ESIS is part of ACE USA, the U.S.-based retail operating division of the ACE Group, headed by ACE Limited (NYSE: ACE).
ACE USA, through its underwriting and service companies, provides insurance products and services throughout the U.S. Additional information about ESIS and its products and services can be found at www.esis.com. The ACE Group is a global leader in insurance and reinsurance serving a diverse group of clients around the world.
The role of the HSE Consultant is integral in ensuring customer satisfaction and the profitable growth of ESIS HSE. This role regularly interfaces with all levels of HSE operations, ESIS Sales and Marketing, ACE Insurance Underwriting, broker partners and client personnel. Provides Health, Safety, and Environmental consultative services to assigned clients in a specific territory. There may be some travel required to support other ESIS HSE clients occasionally elsewhere in the US.
- Broad expertise in safety and health compliance, practices, problem solving and verification.
- Possesses understanding and application of risk control principles and techniques as it relates to Hazard/Exposure Identification, Analysis, Control, Risk Assessment and Management.
- Assists clients in the development and implementation of written HSE policies, programs and practices.
- Work as an individual consultant or as a member of a team to conduct HSE audits, assessments and inspections.
- Develop and deliver technical safety and health training.
- Conducts risk evaluation surveys to assist in the underwriting process of new and renewal business. Evaluate compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Prepare technically detailed reports providing a clear assessment of risk and appropriate recommendations.
- Assist clients on implementation of Safety and Health programs and audit recommendations.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders that may include underwriters, brokers/agents, and clients.
- Performs special assignments and projects as assigned.
- 5 -10 years of comprehensive Health, Safety, Environmental and risk control consulting experience supporting customers across multiple industries.
- BS degree in safety related sciences, engineering, related field, or equivalent.
- Certifications like ASP, CSP, ARM, ALCM etc., or willingness to work towards obtaining them within twelve months.
- Excellent knowledge of safety regulations and recognized safe work practices is required.
- Ability to access remote job locations, climb ladders to inspect elevated work sites, and traverse difficult terrain is required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential. Good interpersonal and collaboration skills required.
- Proficient personal computer skills with Microsoft Office programs.
- Demonstrates consistent quality in delivering desired results and meeting operational needs.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, is self-motivated, self-managed and disciplined.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Field Consultant Service Revenue to assigned goal.
- Responsible for efficient and cost effective delivery of field resources with results and measurement systems in place.
- Cross-selling of HSE services to clients to grow the HSE business and develop leads.
This is a Work-at- Home position that reports directly to the Safety Business Unit’s AVP. Position can be based in any U.S. major metropolitan area in close proximity to a major airport. Travel is expected to be around 50%.
ESIS offers a competitive salary plus cash bonus, equity opportunities and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress.
ACE is an equal opportunity employer