Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
Working independently or as part of a team, supports the ongoing expansion and subsequent delivery of Environmental Service offerings in the Southeast region, through the planning, management and delivery of medium to large client projects within budget and agreed time frame.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Work with a variety of clients in both indoor and outdoor environments including commercial buildings, industrial, and manufacturing facilities.
- Perform environmental and safety compliance audits (ISO 14001, 18001), and delivers reports/ feedback to clients.
- Assist with the implementation of Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) policies and procedures within the Environmental, Health and Safety Management System (EHSMS) in support of ISO 14001/ 18001 compliance for assigned clients.
- Provide EHS training, as needed, to personnel of varying backgrounds and education levels. May act as back-up administrative coordinator for regional training systems and metrics.
- Demonstrates sound knowledge of regulatory requirements related to EHS compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and company standards.
- Follows Bureau Veritas' management systems and project management practices.
- Maintains compliance with all environmental, health, and safety regulations.
- Serves as contact with federal, state, and local regulatory bodies and clients on a project basis.
- Works independently and/or as a team; at times under the supervision of senior staff on more complicated projects.
- Drives/ supports the planning, preparation, and implementation of safety programs and protocols.
- Ensures quality of work and accuracy of reporting.
- Assists with growth of services to existing clients, and with development of new clients and services within the Bureau Veritas commercial and operating plans.
- Learns, understands and evaluates client needs and requirements to prepare project proposals with appropriate scope of work, schedule, and level of effort to meet regulatory and industry standards.
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Science or related field, and five-plus years of experience in environmental consulting including environmental compliance, permitting, auditing, air resources, water, or wastewater; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to provide environmental technical consultancy and management on medium to complex projects.
- ISO 14001 and 18001 Lead Auditor Certifications (or quick ability to attain) preferred.
- Certified Professional Environmental Auditor certification (or ability to obtain) a plus.
- Proven ability to retain and develop clients and manage people.
- Ability to recognize and develop solutions for client HSE issues, concerns, challenges and needs.
- Strong business acumen, demonstrated through the ability to manage projects profitably.
- High Energy, self-motivation and the ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Strong industry HSE association involvement and a HSE professional network.
- Efficient, accurate, and detailed written and verbal communication skills.
- Continuing professional development and growth expected, and supported by Bureau Veritas.
Information Systems/ Technology:
Demonstrated knowledge of a variety of IS/IT applications in word processing, spreadsheets, document and database (MS Office, Lotus Notes, Access, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Photoshop, ERP systems).
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements:
Balance of office and field work with regular exposure to safety and/ or environmentally sensitive locations. Moderate to frequent travel to client sites throughout Florida and the Southeast region, is required.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020. We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf