''Innovation is facilitated by having the right people in the right roles with the right skills and values.'' - Charles Koch, Koch Industries Chairman and CEO
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Health and Safety Manager at our Lufkin, TX chemical facility. The H&S Manager provides leadership and strategic direction by building a partnership with front-line leadership and collaborating with business partners to develop and mentor the production team relating to H&S.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Overseeing management of Health & Safety policies and providing leadership to the safety management programs for Georgia-Pacific Chemicals (GPC) Lufkin Plant
- Developing and aligning facility H&S strategy according to the Division H&S plan and facility critical risks through site specific policies, procedures, and best-practices
- Ensuring systems effectively address the H&S risk profile at the plant through monitoring compliance, conducting risk assessments and root cause analyzes and tracking performance metrics
- Facilitating H&S ownership throughout the GPC Lufkin Plant to strive to achieve the safety vision of Lufkin Safety Culture Principles and minimizing critical hazards risk (ALARP)
- Mentoring and coaching employees and filling Compliance System Owner (CSO) roles to build the capability with the expectation the CSO will own their respective risk areas
- Assessing performance of the CSO by providing continuous improvement in their respective critical risk areas and providing feedback and coaching to CSO and supervisor
- Engaging in the Chemical Process Safety (CPS) program through supporting the GPC Lufkin Plant CPS Manager and leadership of PSM process
- Continuing to develop personal skills and capabilities to provide further value to the organization
- Executing solid presentation, inter-personal and communication skills
- Conducting formal and informal site safety observations inspections and ensure appropriate actions are taken. This includes working in outdoor climates, climbing stairs, ladders and or working in high places
- Functioning as the Health & Safety subject matter expert
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene Engineering, Chemistry, or a related field
- Three (3) or more years H&S experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Experience using Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Word
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Completion of the Georgia-Pacific Safety ELP program
- CSP (Certified Safety Professional) or demonstrated progress to achieve CSP
- Experience in heavy manufacturing and/or chemical processing
- Understand and/or experience with OSHA’s Process Safety Management (PSM) standard
- Previous leadership responsibility in safety-compliance
- Previous experience leading safety and industrial health programs, including experience working with EHS agencies and required reporting
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran - Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Follow us GP-LinkedIn GP-Twitter GP-Facebook GP-YouTube