We are recruiting for a Health and Safety Manager in San Diego County, CA, job 939 Relocation assistance possible within the US.
Response Instruction listed below
The incumbent will be responsible to align Health, and Safety processes with business goals and to engage employees to promote behaviors that will achieve the highest levels of productivity in the safest possible manner. The incumbent will establish, implement and oversee all EHS programs.
Scope: Manufacturing, Single Site
- All potential candidates must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States, employer sponsorship is not available.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited College / University in Environmental Health & Safety, Chemical Engineering or related discipline
- Five (5) or more years of EHS experience in manufacturing facilities
- Demonstrated success managing comprehensive EHS processes and programs
- Demonstrated success participating in efficient and effective compliance programs regarding Federal, State and local Safety and Multi-Media Environmental regulations
- Demonstrated success driving safety metrics downward
- Demonstrated success as a change agent
Additional Preferred (not required) Competencies:
- Professional Certification (CSP, CSMP, CEP, CHMM, REM etc.) from a nationally recognized organization
- MBA or Master’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering or related discipline
- ISO / OHSAS experience
- Partner with plant and operations leadership and serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) regarding interpretation of federal, state and local Occupational Health and Safety regulations
- Align corporate and local EHS goals and strategies
- Lead, develop and manage local EHS staff members
- Lead EHS audits and inspections developing remediation plans as needed
- Build and maintain positive relationships with federal, state and local regulators
- Lead Continuous Improvement initiative regarding EHS policies and programs
- Manage budgetary responsibilities
- Maintain and ensure compliance with all relevant federal, state and local EHS regulations
- Lead employee training programs regarding EHS behaviors and compliance
The information listed above is a summary of the position and not a complete job description. Other competencies, skill sets and experiences are needed.
Consideration for this position and full job description details will be shared with those who meet or exceed the complete job description
Qualified candidates can apply using the "Apply for this job" link on this page. Due to candidate volume, we ask, no phone calls please.
All potential candidates must already be authorized to work for any employer in the United States, employer sponsorship is not available.
Follow our job announcements at Twitter.com/Consentium
Consentium Search is a niche professional search firm committed to sourcing and recruiting exceptional professionals for our corporate clients’ EHS jobs.