At Wayne Farms, our recipe for success begins with the highest-quality ingredients: our employees. Each one plays a critical role in creating our professional, collaborative environment, and contributing to our success as the most technically advanced producers of superior poultry products. We continue to lead our industry in quality while consistently exceeding expectations through our commitment to being partners of choice with our employees, customers and communities.
Our growth is your opportunity.
Primarily responsible for developing and reassessing the plant’s HACCP and SSOP Programs; and training employees. In addition, they must demonstrate an understanding of Quality Assurance functions to adequately cover and assist the QA Supervisors. As time permits, they will assist the QA, Operations, and Shift Managers on special projects.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Assist QA Manager and Supervisor in developing and reassessing the HACCP Program.
- Train plant personnel on the requirements of HACCP and related programs (GMP & SSOP).
- Monitor HACCP and SSOP programs on a day-to-day basis, including data collection, coordination, and distribution.
- Plan, organize, direct, assign, delegate, motivate, and review activities of HACCP Technicians.
- Review HACCP paperwork ensuring paperwork is complete and accurate.
- Act as liaison between USDA and plant reducing Noncompliance Report numbers.
- Educate staff concerning noncompliance.
- Review and monitor all deviations to aid in training.
- Manage and ensure proper documentation for The Master Cleaning Schedule.
- Manage pest control and document all areas of concern and distribute to key team members.
- Ensure food safety and quality products.
- Complete weekly summary of departmental activities and deliver to Quality Assurance Manager.
- Maintain knowledge of all Quality Assurance functions including adherence to product specifications, GMP’s, HACCP requirements, completion and accuracy of Quality Assurance records, SSOP documentation, and other nonspecifically required documentation.
- Perform Product Review and associated paperwork.
- Respond to issues in a timely manner.
- Perform all other activities as required.
- None. This is an individual contributor position. Competencies required: Functional/Technical Skills, Action Oriented, Problem Solving, Learning on the Fly and Interpersonal Savvy.
- HACCP Techs? Leader of People?
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject area from an accredited institution OR 6 years’ equivalent technical experience.
- Knowledge of SPC, HACCP and TQM.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Technical knowledge of poultry industry.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Training experience in both small and large group sessions.
- Intermediate computer skills and Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint knowledge.
- Ability to read, speak and write in the English language.
- Ability to handle and resolve most issues independently.
- Appropriately operate with frequent access to confidential information.
- High work capacity, dependable, results oriented and strong sense of urgency.
- Direct and empathetic communication style.
- Highly effective written/verbal and interpersonal communication skills sufficient to communicate and interact effectively with internal and external customers.
- Excellent organizational skills, with precise attention to detail.
- Demonstrated sound work ethic, honesty and moral character.
REQUIRED PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS:
- Understand and interpret data while drawing logical conclusions based on available inputs.
- Critical thinking skills in standardized situations as well as non-routine problems.
- Manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and prioritize work accordingly.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.