The Field Services Manager will have a broad spectrum of responsibilities and is expected to focus on Field Services full-time, he or she will have responsibilities and accountabilities across all HazTek divisions and within all aspects of our business. The Field Services Manager will ensure HazTek maintains the necessary face to face presence on client job sites while managing HazTek’s field staff.
- Act as a key member in the interview process of all field service candidates
- Responsible for the quality and professionalism of all HazTek field services, including management of field employees
- Manage all aspects of all field service projects & clients
- Ensure employee timesheets are properly prepared and submitted in a timely manner.
- Assist Sales identifying new business opportunities.
- Forecast future Field Services workloads and determine appropriate resources are available to complete projects on-time and within budget
- Conduct employee reviews and determine MBO’s for field services personnel
- Train HazTek Sales Executives in the technical aspects of our services as well as effective sales strategies for such services
- Support all facets of HazTek’s business and all HazTek employees
- Oversee the development of HazTek internal SOPs for Field Services and provide support in implementing & enforcing these policies and procedures
- Maintain memberships in Professional Associations
- Maintain professional certifications
- Gain in-depth knowledge of each employee’s capabilities
- Ensure new sites or ending sites are visited within the first or last week of the job respectively
- Training Instructor responsibilities as needed
- General Consulting responsibilities as needed
- Cover vacations on Field Service projects as needed
- Report to the North-East Operations Manager on a regular basis regarding quality of services of HazTek’s services while ensuring the highest quality of service and client satisfaction.
- Accountable for achieving the established company and personal MBO’s
- In conjunction with the Operations Manager and Logistic Manager, has the authority to decide which employees to place with clients based on availability and experience level
Region & Travel:
- Position will be based out of HazTek’s Matawan NJ office with primary focus on the North Jersey/New York Region with some accountability throughout other HazTek Operating Regions
- Daily travel necessary with occasional overnight out of town trips
- Early morning, nights and weekends will be required when assignments dictate
- When not on the road traveling from site to site; office hours are Monday – Friday 8am-5pm
Experience & Requirements:
- 10 years in a safety management role
- OSHA 500 Certification
- OSHA 30 Hour Construction
- 40 Hour HAZWOPER
- Current Transportation Worker Identification Card
- Current First Aid – CPR Certification
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Resides in New Jersey, Middlesex County or north
- Proven safety acumen in construction, general industry and environmental services
- Experience teaching OSHA courses with up to date credentials
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience interviewer with knowledge of Human Resources laws and practices
Relocation is not being offered for this position.
To apply, please click the following "Apply for this job" link above.
HazTek Inc. is an Equal Opportunity, Drug-Free Employer Committed to Diversity in the Workplace. M/W/D/V EOE