A growing Workers' Compensation insurance carrier is seeking a motivated, well-organized individual to conduct loss control surveys in the Northwest Missiouri/Northeast Kansas area centering around the Kansas City area.
Amerisafe, Inc. is an “A” rated Workers' Compensation insurance carrier specializing in high-hazard industries such as Construction, Agriculture, Oil & Gas, Trucking, Wood Products and Manufacturing.
The Field Safety Professional (FSP) for Amerisafe, Inc. is responsible for:
- Assessing the insurability of the client and providing a detailed report of their work environment.
- Assessing the current safety program in use by the client and determining if it is appropriate for the risk based on factors such as the potential for catastrophic loss, size and loss history.
- Observing the client’s work site(s) to determine the existence and proper use of appropriate controls for the exposures of the type of business. If deficiencies or exposures exist which pose a potential for worker injuries, the FSP will write detailed descriptions of the deficiencies and recommend solutions to improve the client’s safety environment.
- Selecting appropriate safety information, if it exists, to be provided to clients to assist them with recommendation compliance and/or proactive safety planning, training and education of their employees. Assisting policyholders by conducting safety training for their employees as needed.
- Scheduling work according to the specified priority system and requested due dates of survey assignments.
- Travel, as required, via personal vehicle to client’s place of business and be prepared to spend as much as three (3) nights per week, on average, away from home. In some cases, up to two weeks from home territory might be required to assist other FSPs with heavier workloads.
- Accurate and efficient data entry and computer entry into proprietary systems.
The territory being filled is mostly in NE Kansas and NW Missouri. Candidates must live in or be willing to relocate to this area at their own expense.
Candidates for the position of Field Safety Professional (FSP) must posses:
- A four year college degree in Occupational Safety, recognized certification in the safety field and/or verifiable safety management experience is desired.
- An excellent knowledge of safety regulations and recognized safe work practices is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Able to access remote job locations, climb ladders to inspect elevated work sites, and traverse difficult terrain is required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must have personal transportation means to travel to all assigned customer work sites.
- World class customer experience attitude
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and basic computer proficiency
- Commitment to the mission and success of AMERISAFE
- Serves as a role model for diversity and inclusion, supporting the AMERISAFE culture.
We offer paid holidays and vacations, Medical/Dental coverage, 401(k), bonus plan, and a vehicle reimbursement program.
The selected candidate must submit to a pre-employment drug screen, MVR and background check.