''Innovation is facilitated by having the right people in the right roles with the right skills and values.'' - Charles Koch, Koch Industries Chairman and CEO
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a dedicated Facility Environmental Coordinator at our Fort Dodge, IA facility. This professional role provides multi-level support to plant and corporate environmental initiatives and programs. Facility Environmental Coordinators create value by taking ownership of the development, implementation and management of environmental compliance programs and systems. Coordinators assist in ensuring facility compliance with governmental regulations such as state and federal air regulations, drinking water, storm water, hazardous waste while adhering to Georgia Pacific's Environmental Compliance Standards, company policies and procedures.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Working as a team to collaborate on compliance requirements, delegating ownership while remaining accountable for the results
- Acting as a Technical Subject Matter Expert and Compliance Standard Owner
- Directing and assisting in compliance of federal (EPA) and State environmental program requirements, including but not limited to air, wastewater, storm water, solid and hazardous waste, CERCLA/EPCRA and FCC.
- Assisting the Plant Manager in the development and the implementation of the corporate environmental management system and its integration into the plant’s overall OpEx Plan
- Analyzing incident and compliance trend[DEL: s :DEL] data and working with operating departments
- Participating in incident investigation, mitigation, root cause analysis and corrective action
- Coordinating activities and preparing/submitting reports to outside agencies
- Assessing and mitigating employee exposure to hazards in the workplace
- Staying current in industry new and innovation to include engineering, technology, and related environmental field techniques
- Representing the facility during agency inspections
- Identifying cost-effective solutions for technical and regulatory environmental issues
- Partnering with division contacts for guidance and direction on environmental matters
- Training and exchanging knowledge with Environmental Engineers from partnering Georgia-Pacific Building Product facilities
- Demonstrate strong performance of site to meet 100% of compliance requirements 100% of the time
- Executing efficiency relating to organization and time utilization skills
- Conducting and submitting sampling of various items on a monthly basis
- Preparing and implement key management systems/controls
What You Will Need:
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering, Environmental Science or Environmental Chemistry, Environmental Management, or equivalent education with EH&S experience
- Three (3) or more years of industrial environmental experience
- Experience and accountability with a Title V Air Permit compliance program
- Experience using Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Word
- Willing and able to lift up to fifty (50) lbs with or without assistance
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to climb stairs, ladders, and/or work in high places
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Two (2) of multi-media environmental compliance and management systems experience managing drinking water systems (non-community non-transient) or a Type I operator license for the same
- Experience managing compliance records using SharePoint
- Working knowledge using computer platforms that acquire and archive continuous/intermittent compliance data
- Possess a Method 9 Opacity Certification (smoke school)
- Experience with emissions calculations, emissions factors and their application
- Experience and ability to clearly communicate environmental requirements and responsibilities in a team environment to ensure understanding
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran - Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Follow us GP-LinkedIn GP-Twitter GP-Facebook GP-YouTube