Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
ESIS®, Inc. (ESIS) provides sophisticated risk management services designed to help reduce clients’ total cost of loss. ESIS is part of ACE USA, the U.S.-based retail operating division of the ACE Group of Companies, headed by ACE Limited (NYSE: ACE). ESIS’ Health, Safety, & Environmental Services (ESIS HSE) operates around the globe with offices in Canada, US, UK, Europe, Malaysia, China, and Singapore.
ESIS HSE is a national consulting practice specializing in comprehensive environmental consulting and occupational hygiene services. The division provides a full range of environmental assessment, remedial, and compliance services, and is an established leader in industrial hygiene and asbestos and lead-based paint, and microbial management services.
Provide superior technical field and reporting services adhering to regulatory guidance, ESIS HSE standard operating protocols and client specific scope of services. Adhere to best in class standards and practices in executing field assignments, delivery accurate, defensible scientific data.
Working under direct or indirect supervision or within a consulting team arrangement, a Consultant is responsible for the following core responsibilities:
- When on-site, act as direct representative of ESIS HSE in relationship to the client; and when within scope of services, monitor and oversee clients’ contractors
- Under direct supervision of Project Managers or professional staff, interface with and respond to regulatory and enforcement agencies at the project site and when appropriate, provide requested information to regulators.
- Maintain chain of custody of sampling activity, analytical data and project recordkeeping (log book) in accordance with regulatory requirements and ESIS HSE’s recordkeeping responsibilities.
- Maintain proficiency and understanding in the use of scientific instruments and sampling protocols to ensure valid sample collection and reliable data analysis in compliance with regulations.
- Maintain high ethical standards in the performance of services, understand the ethical standards and report actual or perceived unethical conduct or behavior.
- Under direct oversight of a Project Manager or professional staff, generally understand the details of the project schedule and scope of work, and provide supporting information to Project Managers when change orders may be required.
- Maintain required certifications mandated by the regulations and take an active role in maintaining respiratory fitness through ESIS HSE medical surveillance program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Specific duties or tasks of the Technician include the following:
- Assist in the development of and implementation of project work plans for tasks which involve area of experience or expertise.
- Performance of sampling programs involving collection of soil, water, asbestos, air emissions, indoor air or waste samples.
- Properly record field activities during assignments.
- Able to participate in long term projects including travel.
- Operation of standard environmental monitoring instruments.
- Accurate recording of field data, observations and analytical results.
- Manage direct affiliate subcontractors on-site work activities, or oversees client’s retained contractor during environmental remediation activities.
- Make decisions regarding minor changes to the work plan where such changes are required to accomplish the task.
- Report preparation tasks:Preparing drafts or figures, plates and tables
- Preparing project logs and descriptions of field activities
- Preparing sample data inventory tables in ESIS HSE approved report format
- Routine scientific or technical calculations
- Other project duties as assigned by Project Manager or Manager
- 2 years of college completed is required. Four years of work experience may substitute for two years of college.
- Appropriate technical certifications recognizing specific training of expertise in a discipline related to ESIS HSE’s core services (asbestos and lead certifications for inspection and project monitoring)
- Four years of college with a degree in an environmental or science field is preferred.
- One year of work experience in a technical or scientific capacity or equivalent experience in the environmental consulting field.
- Valid US EPA AHERA Building Inspector and Contractor/Supervisor accreditation is required, as well as State required licenses. Must have valid Lead Inspector license, and minimum five years of experience managing / overseeing lead paint removal and asbestos abatement projects.
DESIRED SKILLS AND BEHAVIORS:
- Must be able to carry out sampling and data management tasks accurately and in accordance with standard procedures.
- Must be able to learn and apply regulatory requirement in routine sampling tasks.
- Must learn to operate and maintain standard monitoring instruments.
- Must be able to work safely at all times
- Must be well organized with the ability to meet scheduled commitments
- Must be able to make accurate field decisions to assure project integrity and cost-effectiveness.
- Must be able to manage subcontractor tasks to assure successful project completion.
- Must be capable of obtaining Health & Safety certification for hazardous waste (pursuant to OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120) / asbestos (pursuant to OSHA 29 CFR 1926.58).
- Must be able to perform physical activities.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress.
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For additional information about Chubb or its services, please visit our website at http://www.new.chubb.com.