Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
ESIS HSE is a national consulting practice specializing in comprehensive environmental consulting and occupational hygiene services. The division provides a full range of environmental assessment, remedial, and compliance services, and is an established leader in industrial hygiene and asbestos and lead-based paint, and microbial management services.
Working independently or within a consulting team arrangement, the Environmental Project Manager is responsible for the following core responsibilities:
- Knowledgeable about contracts, contract interpretation and scope of work.
- When on-site, act as direct representative of ESIS HSE in relationship to the client; and when within scope of services, monitor and oversee clients’ contractors.
- Act as client’s representative in areas of expertise where ESIS HSE has a valid contract to do so, recommend additional services to clients to protect their interests. In emergency situations, recommend remedial actions to the client or contractors, including, if necessary, stopping work when public health or safety are jeopardized.
- Seek opportunities to expand client services with existing and new clients as part of ongoing business development.
- Evaluate contractor performance and advise client.
- Interface with and respond to regulatory and enforcement agencies at the job site and when appropriate provide requested information to them depending upon issue involved.
- Maintain chain of custody of sampling activity, analytical data, project recordkeeping (log book) in accordance with regulatory requirements and ESIS HSE’s recordkeeping responsibilities.
- Maintain proficiency and understanding in the use of scientific instruments and sampling protocols to ensure valid sample collection and reliable data analysis in compliance with regulations.
- Maintain high ethical standards in the performance of services, understand the ethical standards of client and report actual or perceived unethical conduct or behavior.
- Understand the details of the project schedule and scope of work, and provide supporting information to Project Managers when change orders may be required.
- Advise client/owner as to the progression of work, proposed changes to the scope of work and contractor performance with respect to project schedule.
- Maintain required certifications mandated by the regulations and take an active recall in maintaining respiratory fitness through the ESIS HSE medical surveillance program.
- Understanding of building engineering and structural design knowledge of site planning.
- Must make independent, on-site judgments based upon professional experience to advise or recommend to contractors alternative ways of performing work subject to specified cost and regulatory compliance.
- As with any professional, work is subject to peer and management review as part of a quality assurance program to avoid risk and company liability.
Specific duties or tasks of the Environmental Project Manager include the following:
- Acts as Project Director for small projects and interfaces directly with client for project implementation. Works closely with QA Officer to define client objectives and develop work plans. Implements tasks in the field.
- Creates or modifies work plans to best accomplish the task.
- Works as a task leader on large projects.
- Performs detailed background review and inspection of facilities for regulatory compliance and evaluation of hazards and liabilities.
- Interfaces with clients and supervises subcontractors to achieve project goals.
- Preparation of reports, including review of background materials; creation of figures, plates and tables; and writing of text, recommendations, conclusions and proposals.
- Performs asbestos identification and hazard assessment, compliance monitoring and other asbestos consulting related services.
- Involved with a major abatement design project including preparation of drawings, specifications and the bid documents.
- Coordinates and supervises other staff involved and participating in the same project.
- Attends site visits with Project Managers and prepares portions of proposals.
- Other project duties as assigned by senior staff personnel of a consulting team.
- May be required to perform duties or responsibilities of Staff Scientist Consultant II and/or Staff Geologist Consultant III.
Involved with construction administration activities including:
- Review and approval of contractor submittals.
- Processing of change orders
- Processing contractor payment requests
- Conducting a pre-bid "Site/Tour Meeting."
- Conducting a pre-job "Pre-constructions Meeting."
Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Engineering, Environmental Science, or related environmental field.
Minimum of five years experience in technical activities directly related to ESIS HSE’s business with a Bachelor’s degree; or a Master’s degree with no experience.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Must be able to perform complex tasks pertinent to primary field of expertise.
- Must be capable of making appropriate modifications in procedures based on observations and data.
- Knowledge of computer operations and standard software packages (word processing, spreadsheets, databases) required.
Position normally will require Health & Safety certification pursuant to OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120.
Current Asbestos Certification a MUST
Please email your resume to Donna Drummond by clicking the "Apply for this job" link above.
For additional information about Chubb or its services, please visit our website.