The Manager, Global Environmental Sustainability, will be accountable for supporting the delivery of PepsiCo's environmental sustainability goals within the desired economic and social value proposition for the business. This global leader will be accountable for development and deployment of initiatives that drive sustainability into PepsiCo's business processes, enabling innovation while ensuring a reduced environmental footprint in alignment with PepsiCo's Performance with Purpose goals. In order to be successful, the leader in this position will need to work closely across many global functions and with sector leaders across the organization.
- In collaboration with sector and global Environmental Sustainability teams, identify, develop and deploy solutions, directly and through partnerships, to deliver positive environmental impact throughout PepsiCo's value chain
- Identify and drive implementation of environmental best practices and key initiatives by partnering closely with Global R&D, Operations, Procurement, Global Sustainability, PepsiCo Design Function, Consumer Insights, Sales, Marketing, Legal, and Supply Chain
- Partner across the organization to drive achievement of PWP Planet goals
- Support the development and implementation of the global roadmap to achieve PWP goals of 20% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions across the entire PEP value chain.
- Manage water replenishment program, including validation of sector-level project water benefits.
- In partnership with PPGA, manage delivery of local watershed collaboration and water governance advocacy programs
- Liase directly with sector environmental sustainability leads to support development and implementation of sector roadmaps for delivery of Planet goals.
- Lead global environmental sustainability projects as needed.
- Global SME to all relevant partners particularly with regard to Water Stewardship expertise
- Partner with R&D, Operations and Global Procurement to ensure integration of environmental sustainability strategic priorities.
- Support negotiations and external partnerships to deliver cost effective programs and enhance PepsiCo reputation in this area
- Manage lean team to effectively and efficiently support PepsiCo's current and future environmental strategies
- Lead closely-connected Global Environmental function to disseminate trends, approaches, and key best practices for environmental sustainability across our portfolio
Critical Experience required in Role:
- Technical environmental sustainability experience in consumer packaged goods industry with a strong understanding of key environmental sustainability opportunities and challenges for the food and beverage industry
- Proven experience implementing projects within a matrix organization.
- Results oriented people leader with ability to deliver on vision and strategy, as well as influence strategic direction of the organization, align business partners and senior leaders.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental and/or Engineering Sciences or related field with 5+ years of experience leading global initiatives.
- Preferred Advanced degree in Environmental Sciences or related field.
- Solutions driven leader with ability to drive and support a global agenda with focus on building worldwide leadership capability in environmental sustainability.
- Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills to build organization and industry credibility
- Ability to work across an extended matrix of leaders in order to successfully ensure environmental sustainability is embedded across the PepsiCo system
- This role does not offer relocation assistance
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.