The Environmental Manager will perform professional work at multiple levels in support of the Plant and Corporate Environmental Programs with support at our Acme, TX Gypsum facility. The individual will be responsible for the development, implementation and management of the facility’s environmental compliance programs and systems. This position will assist in ensuring facility compliance with governmental regulations, such as state and federal air regulations, storm water, wastewater, hazardous waste and to company policies and procedures such as Georgia-Pacific's Environmental Compliance Standards.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Technical Expert and Compliance Standard Owner
- Direct others and assist in compliance of federal environmental program requirements, including but not limited to air, wastewater, storm water, solid and hazardous waste, CERCLA/EPCRA, and FCC.
- Collect storm water and waste samples
- Assist plant manager in the development and the implementation of the corporate environmental management system (7-Element RMS), as well as integration of the environmental system into the plant’s overall OpEx Plan
- Participate in incident investigation, mitigation, root cause analysis and corrective action
- Prepare and submit compliance reports as required by regulatory agencies
- Stay current with new ideas, engineering and techniques in the environmental field
- Represent facility during agency inspections
- Support site project managers to for technical and regulatory environmental issues, including contractor management and change management.
- Work closely with the Business Environmental Manager for guidance and direction on all environmental matters
- Knowledge share with Environmental Engineers from other GP Building Product facilities
- Champion strong performance of site to meet 100% of compliance requirements 100% of the time.
- Plant FCC licensing and regulatory contact
- Work in an industrial environment of vastly varying ambient temperatures from hot to cold
- Lift 50 lbs. routinely in a safe manner
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of management and plant personnel.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Environmental Science or Environmental Policy or Chemistry
- Minimum of 3 years of industrial environmental experience, with direct involvement in a major source air permit program or a current Georgia Pacific Environmental Associate in the ELP Program.
- Experience working in a team environment to collaborate on compliance requirements, involving dispersing ownership and remaining accountable for the results.
- Ability to prepare and implement key management systems/controls, such as Permits, Plans, License & Registration; Written Representation Tables; Statement of Basis; Declaration of Negative Applicability; and Compliance Calendars
- Knowledge of computer systems that acquire and archive continuous/intermittent compliance data Microsoft programs (Excel and SharePoint)
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Texas air permitting and reporting experience is highly desired for this role
- Basic or advanced technical degree with a core curriculum in environmental
- Two years of successful environmental compliance and management systems experience
- Method 9 Opacity certification (smoke school)
- Experience with emissions calculations, emissions factors and how they are applied to calculate emissions
Why Work For GP?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
We're part of your everyday life. From the walls of your home to the Dixie® plates on your table, the boxes at your local grocery store or the Quilted Northern® in your bathroom, there's a good chance a Georgia-Pacific product is nearby. We need people like you: People who can help us make life's simple necessities better.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience. We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Follow us GP-LinkedIn GP-Twitter GP-Facebook GP-YouTube