Barnes Group Inc. - Barnes Aerospace has an exciting career opportunity for a Environmental, Health & Safety Manager to effectively support the Windsor and East Granby, CT Divisions!
The candidate will be responsible for leading the EHS program and ensuring the divisions are in compliance with all Federal and State regulations. If you are a career-minded, results-oriented individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, please submit your name for further consideration.This position reports to the Barnes Aerospace HS&E SBU Leader, with a dotted line to the Windsor and East Granby Division Managers.
- Manage all EHS programs for the two sites, assuring compliance with BGI EHS Standards and all applicable Federal, State and local laws and regulations.The ideal candidate will spend more than half of their time on the shop floor working directly with employees, supervisors, managers and engineers to coordinate EHS activities and drive new EHS initiatives.
- Actively participate on all relevant site teams and activities including Gemba walks, self-audits and BES/continuous improvement events.Collaborate with engineering and production support teams to evaluate and improve fabrication, tooling, and manufacturing practices to eliminate or reduce EHS risks; support factory transformation project activities where needed.
- Partner with Operations management in setting goals and plans for the reduction of injuries & incidents, to ensure regulatory compliance and to continuously improve the EHS management system. Assist managers in investigating all workplace EHS incidents to determine root cause and assist in identifying and implementing corrective actions that address systemic deficiencies and will prevent recurrence.
- Conduct risk assessments; identify and evaluate hazards and recommend corrective measures. Conduct machine guarding assessments and develop safe set up procedures.
- Develop and Conduct employee EHS training.
- Guide and support operations on employee engagement in EHS and Behavior-Based Safety Observations. Implement proactive health & wellness programs to reduce workplace injuries. Manage elements of the Worker’s Compensation program, including initial investigation and reporting, claims management and safe return to work.
- Manage internal and external reporting and regulatory compliance; collect and report data such as air emissions, hazard waste, water and energy usage and accident/incident reports; prepare and submit required agency reports and plans (e.g., OSHA Logs, Tier II, Form R, SWPPP, SPCC, etc.); schedule and conduct sampling as required; work with government agencies as need to prevent regulatory non-compliance.
- At least 5 years of EHS experience in a manufacturing environment, with emphasis on health & safety.
- Requires understanding of EHS regulations and standards. Experience in identifying and abating critical risks (e.g., machine guarding, electrical safety, LOTO, elevated work, etc.) is a must.
- Demonstrated experience in EHS management systems and process improvement.
- Substantial functional experience with proven track record of success in preventing injuries and regulatory non-compliance.
- Strong leadership and people engagement skills; leads by example using leadership effectiveness (EI).
- Develops effective working relationships which foster integrity, credibility, trust, and respect.
- Effectively communicate and share information, knowledge and expertise with all levels of the organization.
- Must have the ability to be resourceful and collaborate to foster continuous improvement.
- Must have the ability to inspire the team to drive standardization and risk reduction.
- Working knowledge of homeland security programs, experience leading ISO14001 and OSHA Voluntary Protection Programs (VPP) desired.
- Competent in all areas of chemical management including chemical lines and clean rooms.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Travel Requirements: 10%
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene or related field. MS degree and/or related certifications (e.g., CSP, CHMM, etc.) desirable.
Domestic relocation assistance available for well qualified candidates. US Citizen or Green Card required. Sponsorship is not available for this role.