Mid-Level: Reeves Construction
Work Location – State /Providence -City:
Macon, GA and (South East US Region)
Reeves Construction Company has been a key partner in the infrastructure growth of the Southeast since the company’s founding in Americus, Georgia, in 1955. Reeves Construction has expanded to meet the needs of the region as the demands for improved infrastructure increase.
Reeves prides itself as a leader in the transportation construction industry, not only for its quality products, but also its highly company standards for safety and performance. Our company’s success is based on foundation of exceptional accomplishments, with an eye on innovation for the future.
Qualified candidates must be able to evaluate the safety/environmental protocols followed on various job sites, organize safety training for employees and report problems to management. The ideal candidate will have experience in the construction industry (particularly highway construction) and understand the specific safety/environmental issues inherent to construction sites. The job includes significant field work, so a flexible schedule is a must. Ideal candidates should effectively engage teams and promote an environment of respect, communication, and collaboration through two-way communication and encourage new ideas and different perspectives that drive individual, team, and company success.
- Protect the employees, customers and the environment
- Visit job sites to conduct safety audits on personnel, equipment and materials
- Evaluate, assess and alter safety/environmental procedures and policies for the benefit of employees and clients
- Research and implement new materials handling processes with respect to safety and the environment
- Identify potentially hazardous biological, chemical and radiological materials and collect samples for analysis.
- Analyze accident reports and evaluate injury case studies based on available facts
- Prepare and conduct safety/environmental training sessions for employees and vendors
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal regulatory bodies and standards (including OSHA, EPA, etc.)
- Research environmental regulations and policies and institute changes to ensure compliance
- Track incident metrics and apply findings
- Oversee the applications for and receipt of necessary permits along with the necessary reporting to all agencies for compliance methods.
- Perform administrative activities such as completing reports, conducting safety conversations, and complying other reporting as necessary.
- This position may require you to work shift work, weekends, which include Saturday and Sundays and overtime as needed. Dependent upon area, environment conditions can be hot, cold, dirty, greasy, wet, and noisy
- 5+ years’ experience in highway construction industry
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (preferably in environmental health and safety)
- Knowledge of OSHA and EPA standards with regard to construction and reporting requirements
- CHST Certification preferred
- Ability to train, influence and motivate team members
- Some travel required (20% percent)
- Preferred candidates will have experience in highway construction
- Must have a current and valid drivers licenses
- Adhere to safety procedures/guidelines at all times
- Punctuality, consistent attendance and self-direction for the success of the operations
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Reeves Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
Drug-Free Work Place / E-Verify Participating Company - Minorities, Females, and Veterans are Strongly Encouraged to Apply