At Land O’Frost, our brands of lunchmeat and specialty sausage products are recognized as one of the nation’s best- selling and trusted brands. We have accomplished this through our incredible team of employees who are customer focused, motivated, achievers, developers, and purpose driven. We are seeking more passionate people to join our innovative team. Join our team and let your ambition flourish.
The Environmental Health Safety Manager is responsible to implement and monitor comprehensive environmental, health and safety programs. Develop and maintain activities to prevent or correct unsafe working conditions utilizing knowledge of industrial health and safety laws.
- Train and advise on safety procedures and practices to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations to include the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Illinois State Regulations.
- Develop, implement, monitor, and manage safety programs, policies, and procedures to meet specific safety needs of the company.
- Develops and implements onsite safety, environment, and/or emergency management programs designed to respond to individual situations and to improve overall safety conditions.
- Leads management of Process Safety Management (PSM) and Risk Management Planning (RMP) for ammonia refrigeration system.
- Interacts with management supervisors and workers in order to identify and correct unsafe conditions or work activities.
- Provide analytical data that tracks injury trends that determine type of injury, location and specific job tasks of injuries and provide recommendation to eliminate hazards.
- Bachelor's degree in Safety or related field required.
- Five years of experience managing environmental or safety in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven ability to adapt and lead in a changing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bilingual English and Spanish required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.