This position reports to the Plant Manager and is responsible for the Environmental, Health and Safety activities for the Company; leads and directs the ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certification.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, implement and maintain ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 policies and programs
- Ensures that all site health, safety and environmental programs comply with state and federal regulations, including written programs
- Develop and coordinate appropriate training programs for all associates on health, safety and environmental topics, including those required by state and federal agencies
- Plans, organizes & conducts regular industrial hygiene, safety and environmental audits to detect existing or potential hazards and regulatory violations and recommend corrective or preventive measures.
- Regular and frequent interaction with associates in the manufacturing areas.
- Proactive approach to hazard recognition and prevention
- Assist in the investigation of all accidents and ensure that proper reports are filed in a timely manner. Maintain a professional relationship with all medical providers and act as a liaison between them and the Company.
- Conduct “root cause” analysis for accidents, injuries and near misses.
- Serve as a mentor and technical advisor to all departments to recommend safety devices, personal protective equipment and other means to proactively reduce and/or eliminate the risk of injury
- Assist HR in workers’ compensation case management, return to work programs, and maintain all OSHA required forms, logs, etc.
- Provide routine daily first aid treatment of work related illnesses and injuries.
- Coordinate with outside organizations, such as fire departments, emergency management agencies, and law enforcement
- Lead development and over-site of safety and emergency response training
- Administers and is responsible for oversight of regulatory compliance programs, procedures, and associated with federal, state, and local regulations and Company safety and health policies. Responsible for staying up to date on changes and improvements in the regulations that impact the business and implementing required changes on a timely basis
- Conducts regular benchmarking activities for best practices that should be implemented
- Creates, maintains, and delivers a meaningful new hire orientation program.
- Responsible for Drug Free Workplace program.
Sejong Alabama is a supplier of automotive exhaust systems. We are located in Fort Deposit Alabama and supply Hyundai Motors Manufacturing Alabama in Montgomery Alabama. We are dedicated to providing high quality exhaust systems to the automotive industry while maintaining a safe and enjoyable work environment for our employees with minimal environmental impact to the surrounding community.