Georgia-Pacific Consumer Products is seeking a safety professional to join our team at the Mt. Holly, NC Nonwovens facility. The EH&S Leader role will be integral in providing safety leadership, developing and maintaining safety programs, and being a safety resource for the Mt. Holly, NC Plant.
The EH&S Leader has one Environmental Technical Specialist as a direct report. This position reports directly to the Facility Plant Manager, with a dotted line to the CPG Safety Leader.
Mt. Holly is centrally located, just five minutes from Charlotte, enjoy all the amenities of Charlotte without the fuss, Mount Holly is just a short 20-minute drive to uptown. Visit: http://visitmounthollync.com/ or www.visitgaston.org
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to achieve the facility vision:
- Ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local environmental permits and regulations
- Develop processes to identify and mitigate critical hazards and their controls facilitating ownership at the line level
- Provide processes and systems that drive environmental and safety excellence
- Build capabilities in all team members to identify and mitigate EH&S risks
- Ensure best practices are incorporated into the facility EH&S plans and are shared across the GP system
- Provide guidance on the integration of CPG/Nonwoven Safety Management System into day-to-day operational management processes.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the CPG/Nonwoven Safety Management System, analyzes overall facility H&S trends and checks and adjusts methods, systems, and strategies accordingly
The ideal candidate must be able to:
- Embrace and lead change,
- Possess strong interpersonal skills,
- Effectively communicate with a wide variety of customers, and have the ability to efficiently balance multiple priorities,
- The successful candidate must be self-motivated, exhibit sound decision-making skills, demonstrate good organizational skills and the ability to lead, motivate and influence the team.
What You Will Need:
- A Bachelor’s of Science in Occupational Safety & Health, Industrial Hygiene, Engineering, or other safety field, or minimum 5 years’ health & safety experience
- A minimum of 5 years Health & Safety experience in an industrial or manufacturing setting
- Previous leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Master of Science in Occupational Health & Safety or engineering field
Why Work For GP?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Georgia-Pacific and its subsidiaries are among the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of tissue, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, non-woven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our familiar consumer brands include: Quilted Northern®, Angel Soft®, Brawny®, enMotion®, Sparkle®, Mardi Gras®, and Vanity Fair®, as well as the Dixie® brand of disposable cups, plates and cutlery. Its Harmon subsidiary is among the world's largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. The company employs approximately 35,000 people directly.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit our website for additional information.
Follow us GP-LinkedIn GP-Twitter GP-Facebook GP-YouTube