The EHS Specialist role will be focused on optimizing the EHS Management System across the enterprise. The incumbent will work closely with the EHS teams at each Operating Company to implement and improve the capabilities of the AIC (Applications International Corporation) EHS Management System in support of the current EHS processes and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Director in leading strategic initiatives for global environmental, health, and safety to drive for continuous improvement.
- Leverage EHS systems software to support and standardize programs and processes. Lead rollout and implementation of new modules across the organization.
- Build social compliance (sustainability) response capability in an effort to pursue global reporting certification.
- Identify best practices at the operating companies and work to implement across the organization.
- Act as a business partner to perform internal consulting, project management, training and auditing, with a systems-based approach.
- Work with Risk Management to identify cost trends within workers' compensation losses and develop mitigation strategies.
- Potentially fill EHS resource gaps at operating company locations.
- Communicate regulatory (OSHA, EPA, DOT) changes and drive best practices across all operating company locations with regulatory oversight.
- Maintain, analyze, and create innovative leading metrics to drive continuous improvement.
- Review, analyze and recommend opportunities for policy standardization across the operating companies.
- Manage external consulting resources (Safety, Environmental, and Industrial Hygiene) to drive performance metrics and identify cost saving opportunities through standardization.
- Provide training in the focus areas of OSHA and EPA compliance, ergonomics, behavior-based safety, return-to-work, and RCRA.
- Minimum 3-5 years professional EHS experience, 3 years or more in a manufacturing environment.
- BS/BA in Engineering, Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Life or Physical Sciences, or other related field. Master degree preferred.
- Associate Safety Professional (ASP), Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or similar certification preferred.
- Experience in a “world-class” EHS environment with knowledge of behavioral-based Safety and ISO Management Systems.
- Experience working with EHS management systems.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of state and federal OSHA and EPA regulations.
- Experience with European standards e.g. REACH RoHS, WEEE a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 25%.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated self-motivated performance with the interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels of the corporation
- Business Acumen
- Strategic Agility
- Command Skills
- Decision Quality
- Priority Setting
- Interpersonal savvy, ability to influence