Lumber Division located in Warrenton, GA.
The Environmental Health & Safety Coordinator will report to the EH&S Manager and will have administrative responsibilities for all aspects of environmental, health and safety management at the Warrenton Lumber facility. Other responsibilities will include employee involvement in health and safety, maintaining effective safety committees and communications with plant, regional, and division safety and health personnel.
Internal (site): Interacts with key operations personnel such as the Plant Manager, Superintendents (Operations and Maintenance), Human Resources Manager, EH&S Manager, Environmental Manager, Quality Manager, maintenance and production personnel at all levels of the site organization.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Provides support to the Environmental Health & Safety Manager and site leadership team to achieve the EH&S vision through management commitment and employee ownership and engagement.
- Assists (establishes and sustains) EH&S ownership by the line organization by providing support and understanding of the EH&S Risk Management System.
- Conducts daily mill inspections independently and in conjunction with supervision and the safety committee/team
- Participates on and provides technical guidance to the mill safety committee/team
- Participates in the case management process for all incident and injuries for the facility
- Serves as a point of contact for all team members to understand and support H&S daily activities.
- Participates in the development and implementation of risk assessment methods/systems for anticipating, identifying and evaluating hazards.
- Provides support in the development, improvement, and implementation of training systems to meet facility needs.
- Conducts training on health and safety to all employees or others as needed.
- Utilizes development plans to grow EH&S skills and knowledge.
- Assists with the development of short and long term EH&S goals and strategies
- Improves and implements existing or new training programs to develop employees’ skills and knowledge around EH&S
- Solicits feedback/input from others to better understand and improve EH&S initiatives
- Conducts risk assessments to proactively identify and evaluate environmental and safety hazards
- Assists with incident and “near miss” investigations to aggressively pinpoint and mitigate risks
- Effectively communicates compliance risk to the organization.
- Actively involved and takes ownership in larger projects managed by others.
- Effectively communicates regulatory and technical knowledge to operations staff to manage day-to-day compliance activities.
What You Will Need:
- Associate’s degree or higher in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental, Engineering or a minimum of 1-year Health and Safety experience in industrial or manufacturing environment or a current Georgia Pacific Associate in the ELP Program.
- Knowledge of OSHA compliance and recordkeeping
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to include but not limited to creating charts, formatting cells/formulas, creating presentations, training, and reports
What Will Put You Ahead?
- OHST (Occupational Health & Safety Technician), ASP Certification, or equivalent technical certifications
- 1 year manufacturing & process experience preferred
Why Work For GP?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
We're part of your everyday life. From the walls of your home to the Dixie® plates on your table, the boxes at your local grocery store or the Quilted Northern® in your bathroom, there's a good chance a Georgia-Pacific product is nearby. We need people like you: People who can help us make life's simple necessities better.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Follow us GP-LinkedIn GP-Twitter GP-Facebook GP-YouTube