We are recruiting for an Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist/Engineer in LaPorte, IN. Relocation available within the US. Response Instruction listed below.
The incumbent will be responsible to align Environmental, Health, and Safety processes with business goals and to engage employees to promote behaviors that will achieve the highest levels of productivity in the safest possible manner. The incumbent will establish, implement and oversee all EHS programs.
- All potential candidates must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States, employer sponsorship is not available.
- Three or more years of EHS experience in manufacturing facilities.
- Demonstrated success managing a staff of EHS professionals
- Demonstrated success leading efficient and effective compliance programs regarding Federal, State and local Safety and Multi-Media Environmental regulations
- Demonstrated success driving safety metrics downward
Additional Preferred Competencies:
- Professional Certification (CSP, CEP, CHMM, etc.) from a nationally recognized organization
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited College / University in Environmental Health & Safety, Chemical Engineering or related discipline
- Master’s Degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering or related discipline
- Partner with plant leadership and serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) regarding interpretation of federal, state and local EHS regulations
- Aligns corporate and local EHS goals and strategies
- Lead EHS audits and inspections developing remediation plans as needed
- Lead multi-media environmental compliance including, but not limited to: Water (waste, storm); Waste (hazardous and non-hazardous); Air (internal respiratory and external emissions)
- Build and maintain positive relationships with federal, state and local regulators
- Lead Continuous Improvement initiative regarding EHS policies and programs
- Manage budgetary responsibilities
- Maintain and ensure compliance with all relevant federal, state and local EHS regulations
- Lead employee training programs regarding EHS behaviors and compliance
The information listed above is a brief summary of the position and not a complete job description. Other competencies, skill sets and experiences are needed. Consideration for this position and full job description details will be shared with those who meet or exceed the complete job description.
Qualified candidates can apply via our website or send their resume to Resumes by clicking the "Apply for this job" link above referencing the job number listed. Due to candidate volume, we ask, no phone calls please.
All potential candidates must already be authorized to work for any employer in the United States, employer sponsorship is not available.
Follow our job announcements at Twitter.com/Consentium
Consentium Search is a niche professional search firm committed to sourcing and recruiting exceptional professionals for our corporate clients’ EHS jobs.