A manufacturing company based in Marietta, Georgia has an opportunity available for an Environmental Health and Safety Manager. The Environmental Health and Safety Manager will assess, improve and/or develop corporate EHS programs, specifically directed at supporting North American manufacturing locations with environmental processes and systems, ensuring compliance with all local, state and federal laws and regulations and supporting local teams when needed. This manager is responsible for working cross functionally with other roles in corporate, manufacturing, quality, engineering and transportation.
The Environmental Health and Safety Manager will develop and execute strategic objectives targeting safety and environmental systems/processes. Field support, auditing and continuous improvement will also be key responsibilities, requiring flexibility and travel (30-40%).
- Drive strategic initiatives and objectives for environmental health and safety programs and processes.
- Assess, develop and coordinate programs to comply with all regulations and develop and drive metrics to monitor and ensure compliance.
- Support field operations with required local, state, and federal environmental reporting along with OSHA, FDA, and any third party client initiatives when needed/requested.
- Manage and update all programs and training modules to ensure that training personnel and employees are aware of established procedures and guidelines regarding safety and environmental processes and programs.
- Serve as a resource for all manufacturing sites on environmental and safety programs and processes to include overseeing auditing of compliance.
- Provide recommendations for control and corrections of environmental and safety issues and assist sites with the development of corrective action.
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Engineering, or related field
- 7 years of EHS management experience in a manufacturing environment.