US Wire Group – The Heico Companies is hiring a EHS Platform Director for our Irwindale, CA location.
The EHS Platform Director will be responsible for implementation of the Heico EHS&S Management System at multiple production sites across the US Wire Business Platform. The successful leader will implement the system both directly at the site level and through a regional matrix structure when necessary due to geographic complexity or the need for specific technical expertise. As a senior EHS leader this position must be an effective liaison and influencer with senior platform leadership, corporate EHS&S and site level customers (both operations and EHS&S customers). This position will report directly to the Vice President of EHS&S but will maintain a strong customer relationship with US Wire Leadership.
Key responsibilities for this role are as follows:
- Develops and maintains effective networks at the site level necessary to implement all elements of the EHS&S management system. The effective network will include both site EHS&S and operations personnel as well as external resources and/or corporate resources where necessary.
- Maintain a liaison and adviser role with senior Platform Leadership. The ability to balance a customer service role and governance role is a critical aspect of this responsibility.
- Mentor, coach, support and develop site EHS&S resources to ensure effective performance for tasks and responsibilities within the capabilities of the site personnel.
- Hands-on site support and service for tasks and responsibilities that are outside the capabilities or experience of site personnel.
- Not a consultant/auditor role, a hands-resource accountable for site-level EHS performance through the application of leadership skills, systems principles and technical expertise.
- Collaboration with the EHS&S Leadership Council in the development and continuous improvement of the management system, corporate services and corporate tools.
- Required: Minimum 10 years industrial health and safety experience, including a minimum of 5 years at the senior role, in a diverse multi-site manufacturing environment.
- Required: Bachelor degree in health and safety disciplines
- Preferred: Advanced degree in health and safety disciplines
- Preferred: Significant experience in a management system environment and prefer PDCA, six sigma, TQM, etc. experience over ISO certification experience.
- Travel 35-50%