This position supports environmental, health, safety, and security efforts at the South Bend, IN manufacturing facility. Responsibilities include supporting EHS activities at the site; performing risk assessments; compliance inspections; design and/or implementation of EHS solutions; internal reporting of EHS performance; communication of federal, state, and local regulatory requirements; closure of MESH and regulatory findings in a timely manner; completion of training for required EHS personnel; and creating a strong zero incident EHS culture that engages employees throughout the site in EHS teams and processes.
- Supports EHS Manager in development, maintenance, and achievement of goals in support of corporate and business group EHS strategic initiatives.
- Leads and supports risk assessments at the South Bend facility to identify critical EHS hazards and develop controls of those hazards.
- Analyzes EHS leading and lagging indicators to track performance against targets and objectives.
- Supports creation of appropriate EHS activity based goals for the functional managers and front-line supervisors to drive EHS culture, compliance, and results.
- Works with MESH Category/Element champions to facilitate their engagement in ownership of the MESH elements.
- Drives and promotes a Zero Incident Culture throughout the site.
- Creates and facilitates EHS engagement through EHS teams (Safety, ERT, Green) as needed to accomplish the established targets and objectives for the year.
- Works with MESH Category/Element champions to complete an annual evaluation of compliance for EHS country, state, and local regulations.
- Supports pursuit of third party recognition for programs (ISO 14001, OSHAS 18001, ISO 50001, IOSHA VPP, FIA, and Zero Waste to Landfill, etc) that establish the site and Eaton’s EHS program as world class.
- Uses established EHS data processes such as MESH PRISM to manage data such as injuries and illnesses, environmental metrics, risk assessments, EHS action items and other pertinent information.
- Develops training programs and ensures that all training is defined and tracked to completion
- Supports efforts to ensure that all key EHS operational controls are in place, on a PM program, and that EHS action items are resolved on a timely basis.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements):
- Candidate must be pursuing bachelors degree in Engineering, Environmental Sciences and related fields
- Candidate must reside within 50 miles of the Eaton South Bend, IN facility
- Candidate must be able to legally work without company sponsorship and authorized to work in the United States
- 3.0 cumulative minimum GPA
- Comprehension of Eaton, industry, local, state and federal EHS requirements.
- Strong team-building skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Adept at utilization of company-wide system for reporting EHS data and information
- Ability to demonstrate managerial courage (e.g., managing varied interests representing potential conflicts)
- Ability to lead and support cross-functional EHS teams
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit our website.
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.