This position reports directly to the Environmental Program Manager at Green Bay Operations.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
The Environmental Engineer will be responsible for multiple environmental compliance programs within air, water and waste at Green Bay Operations. Green Bay Operations includes two recycle pulp and paper mills, one converting facility and one paper sorting facility. Candidate must be able to provide oversight and general assistance to operations, ensure that environmental activities are in accordance with regulatory and/or plant environmental requirements, must be able to manage recordkeeping and reporting requirements for regulatory focus areas to ensure compliance with mandated deadlines, and will also work on process improvements in existing environmental management systems.
- Responsible for continuous emission monitor (CEM)/continuous opacity monitor (COM) quality assurance/quality control, and providing support to maintain CEM/COM reliability
- Providing support for annual stack testing events and review support of stack test report submissions
- Responsible for various sample collection events (wastewater, fuel, residuals, etc.) including the shipment of samples and the review of analytical results
- Responsible for waste shipments from the facility(s)
- Assisting in stormwater inspections and sampling events, and maintaining stormwater inspection records
- Providing support for permit (air, water, waste, stormwater, etc.) application renewals
- Working with operations areas of the facility(s) to ensure environmental compliance through maintaining active chemical database, maintaining accurate oil storage maps/database (SPCC), proper handling of all waste streams, and identifying training opportunities or gaps.
- Release reporting and recordkeeping as required by company policy, environmental regulations and environmental permits (SARA 311/312/313)
- Periodically rotate “on call” with responsibility for completing weekend wastewater compliance testing
- Support initiatives programs and emerging issues related to air, water and waste compliance
What You Will Need:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical, Environmental or other related Engineering or Science degree
- A minimum of 6 months’ environmental compliance or internship/co-op experience
- Willingness to work in an industrial environment of vastly varying ambient temperatures from hot to cold
- Range of motion sufficient to permit climbing stairs and ladders, walking, standing, stooping and crouching for extended periods of time
- Intermediate Skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint including but not limited to creating charts, formatting cells/formulas, creating presentations and reports
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Good organization and time utilization skills
- A minimum of 3 years environmental compliance and management systems experience
- Strong technical skills in understanding emissions calculations, emissions factors and how they are applied to calculate emissions
Why Work For GP?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Georgia-Pacific and its subsidiaries are among the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of tissue, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, non-woven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our familiar consumer brands include: Quilted Northern®, Angel Soft®, Brawny®, enMotion®, Sparkle®, Mardi Gras®, and Vanity Fair®, as well as the Dixie® brand of disposable cups, plates and cutlery. Its Harmon subsidiary is among the world's largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. The company employs approximately 35,000 people directly.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience. We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information. Follow us GP-LinkedIn GP-Twitter GP-Facebook GP-YouTube