EH&E is the premier engineering and scientific consulting firm in the greater Boston area. EH&E was recently selected as one of the best companies to work for in Boston. We have a workforce of 80+ enthusiastic multidisciplinary scientists, engineers, occupational hygienists, and safety professionals with strong academic credentials, relevant professional certifications and academic appointments at some of the most prestigious universities in the world. We work every day to solve some of the most complex challenges our clients face. Our clients come from industry, academia, government, health care, biotechnology, attorneys and insurance companies.
Prepare emergency situation status reports that describe response and recovery efforts, needs, and preliminary damage assessments at client healthcare facility.
Keep informed of federal, state and local regulations affecting emergency plans, and ensure that plans adhere to these regulations. Coordinate disaster response or crisis management activities such as ordering evacuations, opening public shelters, and implementing special needs plans and programs. Design and administer emergency preparedness training courses that teach people how to effectively respond to major emergencies and disasters.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Propose alteration of emergency response procedures based on regulatory changes, technological changes, or knowledge gained from outcomes of previous emergency situations.
- Inspect facility and equipment, such as emergency management centers and communications equipment, to determine their operational and functional capabilities in emergency situations.
- Develop and implement training procedures and strategies for radiological protection, detection, and decontamination.
- Review emergency plans of individual departments to ensure their adequacy.
- Consult with officials of local and area governments, schools, hospitals, and other institutions to determine their needs and capabilities in the event of a natural disaster or other emergency.
- Maintain and update all resource materials associated with emergency preparedness plans.
- Prepare plans that outline operating procedures to be used in response to disasters or emergencies, such as hurricanes, nuclear accidents, and terrorist attacks, and in recovery from these events.
EDUCATION / TRAINING:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Emergency Management, Public Safety, Public Administration or a related field and three (3) years of disaster and emergency planning experience, or any equivalent combination of training and experience. Certification as an Emergency Manager is preferred. Must have previous healthcare facility experience.
There is no relocation assistance for this position. Local candidates please. EH&E, an employee-owned enterprise, offers a competitive salary, excellent growth potential, and a generous benefits package including tuition assistance, profit sharing and 401(k).
Environmental Health & Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.