The Environment, Health and Safety Specialist is responsible for complex technical work in a wide range of disciplines. By developing, implementing and maintaining programs, the EH&S Specialist will help create and streamline the systems and procedures necessary to ensure the overall health and safety of Romeo Power’s employees. The overall charter is achieving compliance within the company’s and regulatory agencies’ standards in each of these disciplines. The candidate must work well on both self-initiated projects and those driven by concerns and issues reported by employees. The ideal candidate takes pride in his/her analytical abilities, organization skills and attention to detail. He/She appreciates an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure compliance with Local, State and Federal environmental, health and safety regulations.
- Develop, implement, and maintain EH&S policies, plans, and procedures.
- Interface with Local, State and Federal regulatory agencies on complex permitting, reporting and related issues.
- Work with internal teams to provide technical expertise to health and safety procedures.
- Lead and document accident/incident investigations to determine root cause, prevention and corrective measures.
- Design safe work spaces and create policies for employees to follow that minimize job-related hazards.
- Develop, implement, and manage safety programs such as LOTO, Hazard Communication, Emergency Response, Fall Protection, Respiratory Protection, Hearing Conservation, etc.
- Conduct trainings on the safety programs listed above.
- Recommend changes in policies, procedures, work environment and equipment to prevent accidents and illnesses.
- Maintain OSHA injury logs.
- Manage recycling processes and waste removal processes