CLASSIFICATION: US - (OH)
SALARY: 65,000 – 76,000
LOCATION: Dayton, OH
TYPE OF COMPANY: Manufacturing
EXPERIENCE: 2+ Years
DEGREE: Bachelor’s Degree Required
- The Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist will promote, coordinate and maintain all Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) programs for two Manufacturing Facilities.
- Ensures EHS programs adhere to all regulatory requirements.
- Monitors and ensures compliance to all EHS program requirements and provides guidance and direction as necessary for all employees.
- Develops plants' personnel understanding and engagement in EHS requirements and concepts.
- Identifies and anticipates safety and health concerns and hazards.
- Guides and promotes safe work performance through hands-on leadership.
- Stimulates a positive safety culture through visible efforts to prevent employee injury or illness and protect the environment.
- Evaluates and communicates risks associated to potential safety and environmental impacts.
- Develops EHS policies, procedures, campaigns, communications, recognition and training.
- Ensures compliance with Federal, State and Local safety and environmental regulations.
- Enforces compliance to organizational EHS programs.
- Works closely with Plant Management to budget for EHS activities.
- Updates and maintains all EHS files, records, metrics, training materials and SDS sheets.
- Coordinates and participates in all activities appropriate to maintain ISO 14001 certification.
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned; i.e. special projects, programs, developmental activities, etc.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in a relevant EHS, engineering, or science curriculum.
- Minimum of 2+ years related experience in EHS Field.
- Strong knowledge of ISO 14001 certification and compliance.
Please visit our website for additional career opportunities.
Gary Elias – Elias Associates, Inc.
12 Labaw Dr. Cranbury, NJ 08512
For Immediate Consideration Contact: Gary Elias by clicking the "Apply for this job" link above.