The KIK Cortland location is a large campus and houses 2 manufacturing facilities. KIK's two manufacturing facilities in Cortland, New York are FDA registered and specialize in producing personal care liquids for the consumer products industry. Cortland is located approximately 45 minutes outside of Syracuse, NY.
Capabilities at this location include:
- Large bottle filling
- Sample size bottle and packet filling
- OTC products
- Industry-leading quality systems and technical transfer capabilities
- Innovative product and packaging offerings
- In-house bottle molding through strategic partnership
The Sr. HESS Specialist assists the Regional HESS Manager with all site environmental, health and safety compliance efforts as directed. This position offers heavy emphasis on Health & Safety and support to the department in the implementation of training, meetings, risk assessments, and audits. This position will also work closely with Regulatory Officials on as needed basis and presents safety training to all new employees.
Essential Job Functions:
- Administrates and manages the functional aspects of facility waste disposal program. Manages paperwork associated with HESS programs including proper waste disposal documentation, near miss reports, incident investigation and other records to document compliance with facility permits, corporate requirements and governmental regulations.
- Assists Regional HESS Manager with site Worker’s Compensation/WSIB / Disability Management Program by administering claims management with emphasis on early and safe return to work program, medical management, modified duties requirements, re-employment obligations.
- Ensures that all joint HESS committee minutes, audits, Near Miss corrective actions are followed up on in a timely fashion.
- Participates in the facility HESS Audits on an on-going basis.
- Assists Regional HESS Manager with the performance of all site egislative EHS training as outlined in the facility training matrix
- Assist Regional HESS Manager with follow up on all site Accident / Incident reports to ensure that they are completed, investigated and that recommended preventative measures are acted upon.
- Coordinates training Spill Response Awareness Training & Waste Management Training
- Assists departments with spill reporting/processing reports/investigation and ensuring the necessary supplies such as spill kits, first aid supplies and proper training
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Bachelor degree (or higher) required in area of discipline
- 3-5+ years' experience supervising EHS activities in a plant /manufacturing environment
- Career progression to leadership role in manufacturing environment in Health, Environmental, Safety and Security
- EHS related certifications a plus
- Safety background including PSMs
- Functional strength in safety management and at least a working knowledge of environmental regulations and the regulatory process
- Desired: Experience in Title V Air Permitting and compliance, wastewater permits, stormwater permits, RCRA, and remediation programs
- Available to work on an on call basis
KIK offers comprehensive benefits including health, wellness, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. You can plan for your future with KIK's retirement savings options including employer match. KIK also recognizes the importance of continuing education and offers Education Assistance to our employees to encourage continued personal development and growth.
Thank you for your interest and consideration of a career with KIK Custom Products. Please take a moment to visit our website.
KIK is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer