Job ID: 024879
Function: Environmental Health & Safety
Position Type: Full Time
Travel Required: No
Location: Tanauan City, PH
Relocation Provided: No
Remote Work: No
- Maintaining site ISO 14001/OHSAS certifications;
- Assuring accurate and complete EHS reporting of metrics;
- Assuring closure of MESH and regulatory agency findings on a timely basis; completion of required training for EHS personnel;
- Managing interfaces with the public and governmental authorities with adverse findings and enforcement actions;
- Directing actions during crises;
- Site security, creating a strong EHS culture that engages employees throughout the site in EHS teams and processes.
- Manages and directs site in achieving EHS targets & objectives. Directs development, maintenance, and achievement of goals in support of corporate and business group EHS strategic initiatives.
- Facilitates risk assessment at the location to identify critical EHS hazards and aspects. Works with plant leadership team to create targets and objectives based on key EHS risks.
- Determines appropriate leading and lagging indicators to track performance against targets and objectives.
- Supports creation of EHS goals for the plant manager and appropriate activity based goals for the leadership team, functional managers, and front-line supervisors to drive EHS culture, compliance, and results.
- MESH element champions and facilitate their engagement in ownership of the MESH elements.
- Drives and promotes zero incident EHS culture throughout site.
- Creates and facilitates EHS engagement through EHS teams and committees needed to accomplish the established targets and objectives for the year.
- Works with leadership team and MESH element champions to complete an annual evaluation of compliance for EHS country, province and local regulations.
- Uses established EHS data processes such as MESH Suite to manage data such as injuries and illnesses, environmental metrics, risk assessments, EHS action items and other pertinent information.
- Create training matrices to ensure that all training is defined and tracked to completion.
- Work with site leadership team and facilities to ensure that all key EHS operational controls are in place, on a PM program, and that EHS action items are resolved on a timely basis.
- Pursues third party recognition for programs that establish the plant and Eaton’s EHS program as world class.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements):
- Four (4) year degree in occupational safety, industrial hygiene, environmental discipline or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience with an emphasis in environmental, health and safety program management and employee training.
- Comprehension of Eaton, industry, and National & Local EHS requirements.
- Strong team-building skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Adept at utilization of company-wide system for reporting EHS data and information.
- Ability to demonstrate managerial courage (e.g., managing varied interests representing potential conflicts).
- Ability to lead and support cross-functional EHS teams.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you.
For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.