KIK Custom Products’ Custom Manufacturing Division’s Danville, Illinois contract manufacturing facility is located conveniently in Danville near Champaign, IL. The facility runs 24 hours at 5 days a week and is registered and compliant with the FDA, EPA, & cGMP. This plant contains eight aerosol productions lines for pressurized products and three liquid production lines for the manufacturing of personal care and OTC consumer products.
We are looking for a hands-on EHS leader with strengths in collaborating and gaining buy-in with multiple levels of management and employees in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. As KIK Danville's Environmental, Health & Safety Manager, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of environmental, health, safety, security and sustainability of a large consumer products manufacturing facility.
Keys to success in this position are demonstrated success driving EHS improvements, tackling and implementing EHS projects and initiatives; and a progressive leadership style to manage, coach and mentor a small EHS staff. This position reports to the Regional EHS Manager.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide technical guidance concerning site HESS issues – site subject matter expert. Establishment and maintenance of site HESS objectives and targets.
- Represents HESS on site Leadership Team Development and execution of tactical and strategic plans to improve HESS performance.
- Ensure the timely completion of all required safety, environmental and sustainability reporting to internal and external interested parties.
- Manage required environmental permits, reporting, monitoring and recordkeeping. Manage the facility leadership & employee safety programs.
- Manage the site security programs.
- Manage site emergency response programs.
- Support site process safety management.
- Support hazardous materials transportation compliance.
Management of Employees
- Manage the day-to-day activities of site HESS personnel
- Assist in the identification and selection of site HESS personnel
- Manage the training and development of site HESS personnel
- Complete periodic performance reviews of site HESS personnel
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline (e.g. Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Engineering) or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in an EHS management position leading salaried staff members.
- Willing to consider equivalent combination of education and 10+ years of relevant EHS management experience in a chemical manufacturing environment.
- Experience must include a balanced combination of functional strength in Environmental and Health & Safety. CSP or other EHS related certifications a plus
- Demonstrated success as a hands-on leader / manager with a sense of urgency and ability to manage multiple priorities and projects under pressure
- Must be available to work on an on call basis, (this is a 24/7 facility)
- Ability to drive organizational change.
- While local candidates are preferred, relocation assistance will be considered for ideally qualified candidates outside of the Champaign / Danville area
Competitive salary, bonus and comprehensive benefits are offered with this position.
For more information, please visit www.KIKCORP.com.
KIK is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer