World's leading aerospace manufacturer located in Suffolk county, Long Island, NY, seeks a full time EHS and Facilities Team Leader to develop, implement, train for and manage all EHS programs and projects, and manage all facilities related vendors.
LOCAL CANDIDATES PLEASE - NO RELOCATION SUPPORT OFFERED
Bachelor’s Degree in technical field REQUIRED with minimum eight years previous work experience in EHS and facilities (vendor management, budget management) in a manufacturing environment, with at least 3-5 years management experience. Able to work as a member of a team and participate in goal setting.
Environmental Health & Safety and Facilities Team Leader:
Responsible for Site EHS duties as well as overseeing facilities, maintenance and shop functions. Responsible for maintaining ISO 14001 certification and achieving 18001 ISO certification.
Develop and implement programs and procedures to meet facility objectives and targets in EHS. Key focus points include:
- EHS Regulatory Compliance
- Energy management and use reduction
- Waste Minimization
- Management Systems (as required)
- Coordinate all EHS training.
- Support and manage corrective actions from Corporate EHS audits.
- Onsite contact for Corporate EHS Department, and under Corporate direction, manage EPA actions such as, but not limited to, NOV’s, cleanups and complaints.
- Onsite contacts for Corporate EHS Department and under their direction manage OSHA actions such as, but not limited to, inspections, letters of noncompliance, informal conferences.
- Direct all applicable EHS reporting requirements in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain necessary EHS records.
- Insure compliance with Corporate EHS Policy and Directives.
- Chair ISO 14000 and 18000 Committees (if applicable).
- Support customer EHS requirements (i.e. IMDS).
- Develop, measure and track internal EHS metrics, plans and goals.
- Report directly to Division Management and at Staff Meetings on EHS matters.
- Insure the training of new facility EHS Coordinators.
- Attend biannual EHS Conference or annual Country council meetings.
- Direct the division’s waste management (recycling) program.
- Support and Integrate EHS into Lean, HR, and Supply Chain efforts.
- Oversees moderately complex planning, design, reconfiguration, construction, maintenance, and alteration of equipment, machinery, buildings, structures, and other facilities.
- Gathers and reviews data concerning facility or equipment specifications, company or government restrictions and/or permit requirements, required completion dates, and construction feasibility.
- Coordinates with architecture/engineering firms in developing design criteria and schedules for new construction, repairs or remodeling, and electrical and telecommunication distribution systems.
- Coordinates with building contractors and ensures building safety and adherence to applicable building codes and related safety and environmental regulations.
- Reviews and estimates design costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparation, and other related costs.
- Inspects or directs the inspection of construction and installation progress to ensure conformance to established drawings, specifications, and schedules.
- Formulates and recommends changes in facilities management systems and procedures.
- May coordinate energy conservation program and collect data to support improved conservation measures. Conducts studies to evaluate and determine the most efficient use of electrical power.
- May oversee environmental programs, prepare environmental impact statements, and apply for all new permits and renewals.
- Ensures that required documentation and inspections are completed; implements policies, procedures, and training to meet compliance regulations.
- May evaluate and prepare contracts for licensed hazardous waste disposal, monitor waste handling, and implement spill-control procedures.
- Based on facility need, participates in design and/or plans for electrical distribution and lighting systems for office and shop from primary source to end use point (e.g. developing specifications for electrical equipment such as substations or specialized control panels).
- Performs safety evaluations and may design electrical layouts for machinery, building, and equipment.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical or trade publications, and/or participating in professional associations.
- Shares specialized knowledge with others.
- Represents company on specific projects.
- Mentors new employees.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Work assignments may include cross-functional or project team responsibilities (e.g. continuous improvement).