A global manufacturing company is seeking an EHS Engineer to be based out of a rapidly-expanding medical device facility close to Midland, Michigan. The EHS Engineer will be tasked with ensuring safe working conditions for over 300 employees working across 2 sites and will possess the ability to communicate with individuals at all levels. The EHS Engineer will be the face of the safety program and will play a very active role in developing a positive safety culture across the site.
- Lead local Health and Safety processes including behavior based safety, risk assessments and mitigation, and ergonomics
- Develop and perform training whilst maintaining EHS policies and standards
- Collaborate with Environmental staff to manage local regulatory compliance to include Title V, SPCC, EPCRA, RCRA, and storm water discharge.
- Measure, evaluate, and recommend changes on the effectiveness of hazard management systems, policies and procedures to eliminate workplace injuries
- Assist in site health and safety investigations to ensure proper corrective and preventative measures have been implemented
- 3+ years’ EHS experience in manufacturing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety and Health or related discipline
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Proactive with an ability to facilitate change through training and established working relationships with employees