The job purpose is to maintain and continually improve the Environmental Management System and Health and Safety Management System at the Daicel Kentucky site with emphasis on regulatory compliance and human health and safety.
Duties and responsibilities
- Maintain awareness of all legal and regulatory changes as well as monitor current or anticipated changes
- Assist the EHS Manager and/or EHS Assistant Manager in coordinating the plant environmental, health and safety effort and evaluate compliance with all regulatory requirements and company policies and procedures for the Daicel KY Site
- Perform periodic safety and environmental inspections
- Manage worker’s compensation, accident reporting, and accident/incident investigation for the site and coordinate with worker’s compensation insurance carrier representative.
- Manage SDS inventory and distribution.
- Conduct OSHA recordkeeping activities
- Anticipate, identify, and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices
- Assist in the development, implementation, and administration of risk control methods, procedures, programs
- Assist in the measurement and evaluation of the effectiveness of environmental health and safety programs
- Lead EHS council activities site wide
- Conduct site environmental and safety training for the site as needed.
- Provide oversight to EHS Specialist as needed
- Assist in managing and improving the ISO 14001 / OHSAS 18001 Management Systems and PSM Program.
- Support Kaizen activities
- Perform Job Hazard Analyses and PPE Evaluations
- Support Safety and Change Assessment process
- Effectively interpret federal and state environmental and worker safety regulations
- Effectively communicate with various levels of the organization
- Periodic handling and management of hazardous wastes
- 3+ years of experience in an Environmental, Health, and Safety program in an industrial setting
- Experience in managing ISO14001 / OHSAS 18001 programs preferred
- Ability to pass the hiring screens including but not limited to drug screen and ATF background check
Education of Special Training Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Environmental, Health/Industrial Hygiene or other Environmental or Health and Safety program
- Certifications and Training in RCRA, EPCRA, TSCA, NPDES, CAA, PSM, DOT, BATF, and OSHA preferred
- ISO14001/OHSAS 18001 Understanding/Auditor Certification Preferred
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access