ESIS®, Inc. (ESIS) provides sophisticated health, and safety, and environmental (HSE) and risk management services. Founded in 1953, ESIS is one of the industry’s oldest and largest risk management and health, safety and environmental services companies. ESIS is part of Chubb, the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty group, with operations in 54 countries and exceptional financial strength. Please feel free to visit our website at www.esis.com.
We are seeking an Environmental, Health, Safety (EHS) Consultant in the Orange County/Southern California area. This is a full-time role that will consist of project support for various clients combined with several days per week of onsite support at a client facility in Orange County, CA.
The consultant will be expected to be a very strong environmental, health, and safety generalist, with a strong environmental compliance and ISO 14001 background and with the ability to lead EHS projects, conduct technical EHS work, serve as an extension of our client's staff, represent the EHS Department, and interact cross-functionally with various departments throughout the organization to develop and implement EHS initiatives.
Environmental Management Systems:
- ISO 14001 Management Systems
- ISO 14001 Lead Auditor Certification a plus
Environmental Regulatory Compliance:
- Hazardous Materials Business Plans
- Industrial Waste Water
- Hazardous Waste Management
- Medical Waste Management
- Storm Water Management
- Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know
- Environmental Reporting
- Agency Inspection Support and Communication
- Air Quality Management (Permit Compliance, Recordkeeping)
Health and Safety:
- Development and implementation and/or continuous improvement of Health and Safety procedures, programs and training
- Qualitative and Quantitative Risk Assessments
- Industrial Hygiene exposure monitoring
- Providing management consulting to staff on Health and Safety issues
- Providing assistance on required postings, regulatory submissions and fee calculations
- Providing deliverables such as project plans, timelines, documented project expectations for stakeholders, and verbal monthly progress reports
- On-going program assessments and Health and Safety inspections
- EHS Program and Training Development and Implementation
- Injury and Illness Prevention
- Assistance with Health and Safety Related Permits and Submittals
- Ergonomics - office and lab
- Respiratory protection program support
- Radiation safety
- 10-15 years of comprehensive EHS experience in industry or consulting.
- ISO 14001 experience is a must.
- BS degree in a technical field (engineering, industrial technology, engineering technology, environmental, health and safety or equivalent).
- Certifications such as ISO 14001 Lead Auditor, CHMM, CSP, ASP, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of EHS regulations and recognized EHS work practices is required.
- Comprehensive experience across EHS fields preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Good interpersonal and collaboration skills required.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office programs.
- Demonstrates consistent quality in delivering desired results and meeting operational needs.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, be self-motivated, self-managed and disciplined.