Company: Client of The Griffin Groupe Executive Search
Location: Rosemead, CA
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 12 Months+
Rate: Commensurate with Experience
Staff Auditor Consultant & Operational, Safety, Security & Compliance
The Griffin Groupe is sourcing audit professionals for a valued energy client in Southern California. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a $10B+ company that has been servicing customers for over 100 years. Come work for a team committed to creating smarter grids & cleaner energy. This consulting engagement is for a 12 month+ project. Candidates must be able to relocate in or near Rosemead, CA for the duration of the project.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- 6 – 10 years audit experience
- Utility or process industry experience
- Master’s degree in Engineering
- Possess a Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) or Certified Professional EHS Auditor (CPEA) certification
JOB SUMMARY & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- The individual will primarily participate as an audit team member, primarily in the areas of operations, on highly complex, sensitive and/or specialized projects or audits having a major significance/risk to the Company by following the audit protocols and work program. The individual may, based on capability and situations, lead audits.
- Develop and provide recommendations based on audit field work for inclusion in audit reports to senior management that strengthens internal controls, enhance compliance, reduce risks and improve operations. Audit Observations/Recommendations are identified during fieldwork, and must be supported by persuasive evidence including descriptions of tests performed, sample population, deviations from identified processes including significant gaps or deficiencies. Audit teams should strive to identify the cause of the Observation and not simply point out symptoms. Significant contributing factors (gaps) if articulated effectively as part of the condition assessment can help management understand the basis for the recommendations and develop corresponding corrective action plans to address the underlying causes and increase the effectiveness, efficiency and economy of their operations. This position would assist the audit team in the identification of potential recommendations.
- Participate in the performance of consulting engagements as requested by management and offer recommendations to enhance effectiveness and efficiency of operations. Senior management occasionally requests the Audit Services Department to act in an advisory capacity to evaluate operations and provide recommendations to improve an organization’s governance, risk management, and control processes. Audit Services classifies these as consulting engagements, and develops the scope and schedule for evaluation in cooperation with the client organization. This position would assist the consulting team during the performance of the engagement.
- Maintain contact with inter- and intra-department personnel, managers and supervisor; participating in periodic meetings with Operating Unit management up to and including Principal Managers and Directors.
- This position provides input to audit team leads and management that could have a significant impact decisions involving of the effectiveness and efficiency of operations including compliance with regulatory and legal requirements.
- This position provides input to the audit team and management for briefing senior management regarding the system of internal controls, reliability of operating information, and compliance with CPUC requirements, including laws, regulations and the corporate standards of conduct
- This function is moderately complex as it will require the auditor to have general knowledge of the Operational Unit functions as well as a broad knowledge of company and department policies, objectives, strategies, and goals; regulatory requirements, affiliate relationships, and applicable governmental laws.
- This position also requires knowledge of the audit function and audit techniques; computer assisted audit techniques, statistical sampling, audit protocols, generally accepted auditing standards, business risk assessment principles, control self-assessment techniques, audit report writing and documentation.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, or related field or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Must possess at least one of the following in Active Status: Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Professional Engineer (PE), Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Typically possesses 6 or more years of experience performing business, engineering or related functions, and/or auditing functions.
- Typically possesses 3 to 6 or more years of operational auditing experience in an Electrical Utility or Process Industry (Petroleum) experience evaluating processes for implementation, operational effectiveness and efficiency, and compliance with laws and regulations.
- Broad operational knowledge of Electric Utility Organizational Units such as Transmission & Distribution, Power Production, Customer Service, Operations Support including Safety, Environmental and Security, and Regulatory Policy such as CPUC Rules, General Orders, and Rate functions.
- Demonstrates technical knowledge of internal controls, and auditing standards.
- Demonstrates experience performing risk analysis and assessments.
- Demonstrates experience using strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to define problems, manipulate data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Demonstrates basic experience with data analytics approaches including: Ability to synthesize data into findings and effectively communicate conclusions.Identification of data flows from large ERP environments for audit testingAnalysis of complex sets of data using Microsoft Excel functions (including Pivot tables and other formulae)
- Analysis of data using analytics software (ACL, Tableau, etc)
- Demonstrates self-motivation and effective a team performance.
- Knowledge of the audit function and audit techniques; computer assisted audit techniques, statistical sampling, audit protocols, generally accepted auditing standards, business risk assessment principles, control self-assessment techniques, audit report writing and documentation.
- Demonstrates ability to perform audit projects, including assessing risks, developing work plans, prioritizing, and scheduling work activities to support audit projects.
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively and be flexible in a variety of situations, including those involving uncertainty, lack of information, and changing circumstances
- Attention to detail and ability to manage complex issues
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated good presentation skills.
- Demonstrates ability to work in situations involving uncertainty or lack of information and flexibility to respond to changing situations
- Ability to multi task