Position Overview :
Provides environmental, health, safety, and security leadership to the Site
Facilitates risk assessment at low/med risk site based on advance knowledge of regulatory requirements.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements):
- Establishes and directs development and achievement of EHS objectives and targets.
- Maintains site certifications, ensures accurate and complete EHS reporting of metrics and closure of MESH and regulatory agency findings, manages intermediate communication with public/government authorities.
- Directs actions during crises. Facilitates risk assessment at site based on advance knowledge of regulatory requirements.
- Determines leading/lagging indicators to track performance.
- Supports creation of goals for the site manager and appropriate goals for leadership team, functional managers, and supervisors to drive EHS culture, compliance, and results.
- Works with leadership team and MESH element champions to complete annual evaluation of compliance for EHS country, state, local regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an EHS role
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Significant experience with day to day application of Federal and state laws, OSHA and EPA regulations as well as MESH and worker’s compensation
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
- Master’s degree in EHS or related field from an accredited institution
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong communication skills for interaction with all levels of the organization
- Experience managing people
At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit our website.
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.