Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Environment, Health and Safety (EHS), this role will be responsible to identify, develop and drive execution of enterprise-wide, global sustainability strategy that integrates improving the environment and minimizing harmful effects. In alignment with Eaton’s vision and corporate goals, the strategy will take an active focus on how Eaton creates products and solutions, operates its manufacturing and core functional areas, makes decisions across all aspects of the company’s business processes.
This role’s impact will be at all levels of the organization across 4 primary pillars: (i) Strategy, Policy and Governance, (ii) Commercial Front End, (iii) Cultural Change, and (iv) Sustainability Footprint. This role will drive Sustainability’s impact on financial planning, short and long term strategy, organizational capability, and community outreach and involvement.
- Lead a Corporate Sustainability and Stewardship team to develop an enterprise wide strategy that integrates active stewardship in product and solution creation, sales/marketing, business operations, manufacturing and decision making to enhance the Eaton brand.
- Influence and lead business leaders and EHS functional teams around the world to execute and sustain strategy. Drive a collaborative cross company culture on active stewardship.
- Qualitatively assess the current activities on active stewardship and paint a credible future vision on sustainability scenarios.
- Develop and manage an operating plan (and associated budget) regarding sustainability to connect current state to future vision and engage the right level of leadership and operational support.
- Establish clear specific, defined measures of success and associated progress metrics on a stewardship strategy. Define technology roadmap to support.
- Lead Eaton’s change management process to align company culture around being active stewards of the environment.
- Serve as an organizational and cultural change agent for sustainability, working together with corporate communications and human resources to drive Eaton’s sustainability brand internally. Design mechanisms for internal, global employee engagement and mobilizing external stakeholders.
- Drive continuous improvement in external reporting process with strong focus on reporting accuracy and quality.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- 12 years professional work experience
- 7 years of professional experience in EHS, sustainability, or stewardship
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation offered; candidate must reside within 50 miles of the Eaton Beachwood OH site
- Bachelor’s Degree with a preferred focus on EHS or engineering
- Master’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Industrial operations experience with a business unit and/or corporate group.
- Professional EHS-related certification
- Excellent strategic agility with ability to create breakthrough strategies that show a clear connection between vision and action; anticipates future trends. Forward-thinking and innovative approach to developing strategy.
- Exceptional communication and influencing skills – including communication with the C-level suite and down through the global organization. Drive cultural change.
- Ability to leverage data and analytics to make informed decisions, including effective use of desktop analytics tools (e.g. Excel and PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to build working teams and execute in a matrixed environment
- Strong organizational skills including ability to manage large number of disparate projects and to track projects through completion
- Ability to demonstrate managerial courage (e.g., managing varied interests representing potential conflicts)
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit our website.