We are recruiting for a Corporate Director of Safety in Somerville, NJ Relocation IS available within US/PR, Job #930 at consentiumsearch.com
Please follow response instructions listed below
Reporting to the President of the company, and serving as a key member of the senior management team, the incumbent will serve as the corporate Subject Matter Expert for advising senior management on issues pertaining to regulatory and business intelligent Health and Safety programs as well as designing, developing, implementing, and training site managers, employees and contractor personnel on proper safety procedures and hazard avoidance programs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Occupational Health and Safety or related discipline
- 10 or more years of Health and Safety program experience in Commercial Construction including designing, improving and implementing HASPs for heavy equipment such as bulldozers and boom cranes
- Five (5) years in a leadership or management capacity
- Demonstrated success leading change management
- Demonstrated success managing worker’s compensation program including return to work as well as TPA and insurance company relationships
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to travel overnight up to 40% (1-2 days per week)
Additional Preferred Education / Experience:
- Master’s degree in a safety or engineering related discipline or MBA CSHT, ASP, CSP or other nationally recognized certification
- Certified Project Manager (PMP)
- Lead the ongoing efforts to engage employees at all levels regarding safe working habits and to embed safe working behaviors into all levels of operations
- Review, revise and update all safety policies and manuals
- Provide regulatory interpretation and technical advice
- Recommend improvements to and provide technical review of HASP tools, processes, policies and training
- Develop and review leading indicators from audit summaries, daily observations and injury statistics to provide structured programs to lower risks associated with potential accidents and losses to assigned projects
- Provide statistical information to senior management for analysis and future safety program planning
- Monitor workers’ compensation issues on company projects, including light duty and return to work programs
- Coordinate safety processes between all subcontractors
- Conduct incident review meetings with project managers and superintendents
- Oversee audit program to document compliance to standards and safety program effectiveness
- Implement training to achieve desired results of injury free environments and to achieve OSHA/MSHA compliance
- Assists with injury management to ensure industrial medical care is provided with attention given to cost control assists project supervision
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The information listed above is a brief summary of the position and not a complete job description. Other competencies, skill sets and experiences are needed. All potential candidates must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States, sponsorship is not available.
Consideration for this position and full job description details will be shared with those who meet or exceed the complete job description.
Qualified candidates can apply via our website consentiumsearch.com or send their resume by clicking the "Apply for this job" link above referencing the job number listed. Due to candidate volume, we ask, no phone calls please.
Follow our job announcements at Twitter.com/Consentium
Consentium Search is a niche professional search firm committed to sourcing amazing talent for our corporate clients.