Environmental, Health, & Safety Director is responsible for: Implementing, supporting and auditing OSHA & PSM requirements. Lead and advocate the continuous improvement of the EHS culture to reach zero harm & accidents in North America. Represent organization, interacting with external stakeholders and authorities. Apply regulatory expertise and communicate compliance requirements to ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state and local regulations. Manage and lead a regional team of EHS professionals.
- Build, implement and follow up Best Practices and Standards for EHS.
- Manage compliance to relevant safety and environment related legal requirements.
- Manage and implement integrated Management systems (9001, 14001, 18001).
- Provide the service within the scope(s) of the Service Level Agreement(s) with the relevant various functions.
- Provide advice and be consulted for the different actions/ decision areas in the EHS RACI scheme.
- Support LEAN EHS on sites where relevant.
- External contact with stakeholders and authorities.
- Manage and lead a regional team of EHS professionals.
- Lead and advocate the continuous improvement of the EHS culture to reach zero harm & accidents in the Region.
- Must Have PSM Experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental, Health, Safety, Chemical Engineering, or closely related degree required.
- 10 years experience in Environmental, Health, & Safety compliance required.
- Strong and complete understanding / experience with Process Safety (PHA, MOC, PSSR, Mechanical Integrity, etc) required.
- 5 + years of management experience developing & implementing EHS related programs in a global chemical manufacturing environment preferred.
- 5 + years experience of EH&S permitting, processes, regulations and reporting required.
- Implementing EHS related programs including e.g. OSHA and PSM a must.
- Must have chemical manufacturing experience.
- Experience dealing with Hazardous Materials and Chemicals
- Training in Risk & Hazard Analysis, Safety & Leadership, BBS, and Continuous Improvement a major plus.