Under the direction of the Corporate EHS Manager assist Site Manager, Project Manager, and BOP Contractor’s in developing and maintaining all EHS programs to Goldwind standard, U.S. OSHA requirements as well as state and local requirements. As necessary the incumbent may be required to assist with other Goldwind construction projects.
- As necessary provide training including OSHA 10 Hour.
- Perform accident and near miss investigations and generate any required safety related root cause analysis and reports to effectively communicate to project management team and/or regulatory agency.
- Identify and address safety hazards that exist on a daily basis.
- Attend the pre-construction conference, pre-work meetings including the Contractor Quality Control Preparatory Phase inspection meeting, Initial Phase inspection meetings, Follow-up Phase and additional Preparatory and Initial Phase meetings and periodic in-progress meetings
- Assist project management teams in the site loss control activities
- Assist project management teams with pre-project, pre-phase and pre-task planning
- Manage safety aspects at the project field level
- Communicate crew needs back to project management
- Participate in the site safety committee
- Perform project safety audits
- Maintain a written log which includes area/operation inspected, date of inspection, identified hazards, recommended corrective actions, estimated and actual dates of corrections
- Maintain a safety and health deficiency tracking system that monitors outstanding deficiencies until resolution. A list of unresolved safety and health deficiencies shall be posted on the safety bulletin board
- Review and monitor subcontractor activities
- Perform field work observations validating the use of JHA/JSA’s and pre-task planning
- Stop work when standard work practices are not being followed and escalate to project management
- Communicate with all levels of personnel
- Ensure corrective coaching with crews when required
- Promote employee participation and involvement in the safety program
- Recognize the good work being accomplished and reinforce positive safety behaviors
- Assist with site orientation and reorientation programs
- Formulate, coordinate and conduct safety training
- Exhibit operational knowledge of OSHA and other pertinent safety standards
- Maintain applicable safety reference material on the job site.
- Understand, support, communicate, and enforce the project site specific safety plan, policies and procedures
- Communicate new and changing safety related information
- Ensure maintenance and inspection of safety equipment
- Communicate with other safety personnel, owner’s representatives, etc.
- Balance time between field and office
- Assist with other Goldwind construction projects as necessary.
- Wind Turbine Generator (WTG) construction experience required.
- Working knowledge of .1926 Construction Standards is required.
- OSHA 500 (Construction) certified trainer is required.
- Expertise in rigging and crane operation is required
- Bilingual: English and Spanish desired.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or possess a work visa.
- Technical Degree in a related discipline or comparable work experience.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of related experience in heavy construction, wind industry experience preferred.
- High degree of initiative
- Able to work with minimal oversight.
- Effective interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Must be able to work outdoors in inclement weather, climb ladders without assistance, and work at heights greater than 100 meters (300 feet).
- Must be able to move and manipulate up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to comply of weight and health restrictions of fall protection equipment in our turbine and PPE program of a max 310lbs total.