ABOUT US ECOLOGY
US Ecology, Inc. is a leading North American provider of environmental services to commercial and government entities. The Company addresses the complex waste management needs of its customers by offering treatment, disposal and recycling of industrial, hazardous and radioactive waste, as well as a wide range of complementary field and industrial services. US Ecology’s focus on safety, environmental compliance, and customer service, enables us to effectively meet the needs of our customers and to build long-lasting relationships. Headquartered in Boise, Idaho, with operations in the United States, Canada and Mexico, the Company has been protecting the environment since 1952.
Manage and audit site specific standards to ensure compliance with the USE Management System including ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and applicable regulations. Identify compliance concerns and rectify to maintain good standing certifications and permits. Provide operational support to site department leaders and administrative support to the General Manager. Provide support for site specific marketing and sales strategies to increase profitability of site operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform critical audits to ensure compliance with ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 standards.
- Manage the maintenance of the USE Management System and its ISO components Assist General Manager with operational reporting, site metrics and analytics Provide data for the MD&A reports, Business Unit Forecasts (BUFs) and other reports as needed Monitor the top base accounts for changes of concern. Focus on early detection and proper follow up.
- Work supportively with managers and supervisors to accomplish shared goals in maintaining compliance and audit preparedness in each department.
- Performs environmental auditing activities to ensure conformance to departmental standards and company environmental policies and guidelines.
- Schedule, coordinate and oversee monthly audits by site Audit Team.
- Focus on conformance to critical aspects of the IMS, permits, critical regulations, and regulatory aspects not typically covered in EH&S inspections and third party audits.
- Write audit reports.
- Create action plans with applicable managers to address findings.
- Follow up on key programs and procedures to test competency by staff.
- Serve as Facility Advisor with focus on ensuring conformance to IMS requirements and keeping the site in a state of readiness to pass all third party and internal audits relative to IMS and ISO.
- Post/review key performance indicators (KPIs) educating all site personnel on site specific goals.
- KPIs to include CEM scores, Site Objectives and Targets, safety leading indicators, IMS leading indicators, etc.
- Ensure each new hire is on boarded with an understanding of the sites compliance and operational goals.
- Attend regularly scheduled compliance meetings
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required Minimum five years of experience Knowledge of ISO standards and regulations Strong attention to detail and organizational skills Strong computer and verbal/written communication skills
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES (SKA):
- To perform the duties of this job, the employee must have a firm knowledge of ISO standards and subsequent regulations
- Good interpersonal skills to present data to various audiences
- Accurate data entry and proficient in computers and report writing
- Attention to detail and have the ability to multi-task.
US Ecology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
NO THIRD PARTIES OR RECRUITERS PLEASE.