The CWI is responsible for inspecting 100% of the structural welds performed and ensuring compliance with company’s procedures. The CWI reports directly to the QC/QA Manager.
- Monitor the execution of welding work in progress to ensure that it complies with the applicable codes, standards, and specific job requirements.
- Evaluate completed weld elements for compliance with applicable codes, standards, and job requirements.
- Conducts inspection of equipment to ensure proper settings and operation
- Responsible for making recommendations to improve overall process and efficiency
- Approves repairs and finished product prior to shipment
- Submits inspection and rework reports
- Develops work instructions and assists with personnel training
Required Education and Experience:
- 2+ years of experience in structural welding inspection of steel and/or sheet metal.
- 5+ years of experience with manual and/or semi-automatic MIG welding. Working knowledge with galvanized steel, sheet metal and carbon steel
- Strong work ethics and ability to work independently
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- CWI Certification
- Will be required to pass weld test
- Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment.
- Work involves frequent lifting of materials and product up to 50 pounds. Standing for long periods of time.
Position Type: This is a full time, exempt level position.