Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
- Assist the Tetra Tech safety organization with assuring compliance with all OSHA, State, and client safety standards. Therefore a working knowledge of all related OSHA standards will be required.
- Provide H&S technical support and/or project management support of on-going and new projects.
- Plan, schedule, conduct and coordinate detailed phases of H&S technical work as part of a major project or in a total project of complex scope.
- Serve as a program H&S manager, project manager, and/or technical lead on various types of projects – both government and commercial projects.
- Lead and support business development activities for marketing safety services for both government and commercial clients including preparing and delivering marketing materials and presentations to prospective clients and preparing proposals.
- Successfully complete awarded projects in accordance with proposals schedules and budgets.
- Provide direction to staff personnel to complete project tasks and oversee and approve the work of others.
- Travel of 25 – 30 percent is required for this position (e.g., project sites, conferences, company meetings).
Perform common H&S and industrial hygiene tasks including but not limited to:
- Performing occupational exposure assessments;
- Developing and conducting H&S training courses for employees and clients;
- Satisfying H&S record keeping requirements;
- Performing oversight of site activities to assess H&S compliance;
- Conducting field audits and serving as onsite H&S Officer; and;
- Conducting incident investigations.
Education and Experience:
- BS degree in occupational safety, industrial hygiene or related science-based discipline is required
- At least 5 years of relevant experience is required.
- An MS or PhD is an advantage.
- Must have current OSHA 29CFR1910.120 HAZWOPER training and OSHA 30 hour construction training
- Experience with Department of Defense Projects and working knowledge of USACE EM 385 1-1 is required.
- Possess ability to work with mathematical concepts commonly associated with the professions of safety engineering and industrial hygiene, such as algebra, trigonometry, geometry, calculus and the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) is required.
- Certified Safety Professional is a plus.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website by clicking the "Apply for this job" link above and search for Job ID 10000000378 to find the job requisition.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies