One of the world’s leading research institutions is looking for an Assistant Director of Environmental, Health and Safety who will also act as the main Biosafety Officer. This director level professional will be responsible for the daily operations of the EHS Department. The successful candidate will lead the efforts and promote a safe and healthy environment for all individuals associated with the institution, including students, faculty, staff, visitors and those in the surrounding community, through technical assistance, leadership, education, and regulatory oversight.
Salary: Executive package + bonus + benefits
- The EHS AD / Biosafety Officer will report directly to the Vice-President of EHS and ensures:
- Planning, implementing, and management of safety, health, and environmental programs;
- Reviews, evaluates, and analyses work environments;
- Designs programs and procedures to control, prevent, and eliminate disease or injury caused by chemical, physical, or biological agents, or ergonomic factors;
- Complies with and enforces adherence to existing and developing standards and regulations issued by federal, state, and local agencies such as the CDC, DHS, NIH, and OSHA;
- As the Biosafety Officer the Assistant Director is responsible for developing, implementing, coordinating and maintaining a comprehensive biosafety program at the institution;
- He/she may serve as the Alternate Responsible Official for the Select Agent program.
- 5+ years of relevant experience (preferred 5 years of experience within biosafety);
- Masters required (Doctorate preferred);
- Certification by the American Biological Assoc. RBP or CBSP-ABSA;
- MUST have experience with BSL 1-4 (BSL-4 not necessary but preferred);
- Strong communication skills;
- Ability to work with a team and to handle additional responsibilities.